Old 03-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Fulltime family RVer

Parts ordered. Stuff is gonna happen!

So far this week, I've wracked up the following:
  • Replacement Retrax Pro cover being sent under warranty
  • DeeZee Tailgate assist
  • Tailgate Weather Stripping
  • Motion Detector LED (link from the forum here)
  • LED Lights for awning rail (2 strips to cover full 22' of awning), one controller and the 44-key remote
  • All new foam for the dinette cushion seats (I work from the camper for 8-10 hours and need tush-support!)
  • New foam mattress for my daughter's bunk - she was jealous of the in-laws getting their own foam

For future reference - Retrax was AWESOME. I emailed them concerns with my cover letting water leak through. They had me take some pictures and called me within a couple of days. No hassles- "We'll send you a new cover". Super friendly guy.

For another future reference - AutoAnything.com beats competitors prices by $1. If you chat up their Live Chat rep, they'll adjust the prices of items in your cart. I saved $25 on a $65 order. And still got free shipping.

The LED lights (both motion and awning) are YOUR fault. I saw the thread, my wife saw the lights at the RV show and suddenly I'm ordering the parts from China. Hopefully the boat gets here before April!

And, I'm hoping the Tailgate Assist helps my daughter and wife with opening the truck bed. If the pics hold true - they can pull the handle and just let go and it'll lower gently and gracefully.

Still need to measure and get jacks for around the axles. Still need to hang my sewer holders. AND- I was shopping the central vacs online (Intervac seems to be what I'll go with). SO happy for spring!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

So far this week, I've wracked up the following:
  • Replacement Retrax Pro cover being sent under warranty
  • DeeZee Tailgate assist
  • Tailgate Weather Stripping
  • Motion Detector LED (link from the forum here)
  • LED Lights for awning rail (2 strips to cover full 22' of awning), one controller and the 44-key remote
  • All new foam for the dinette cushion seats (I work from the camper for 8-10 hours and need tush-support!)
  • New foam mattress for my daughter's bunk - she was jealous of the in-laws getting their own foam

For future reference - Retrax was AWESOME. I emailed them concerns with my cover letting water leak through. They had me take some pictures and called me within a couple of days. No hassles- "We'll send you a new cover". Super friendly guy.

For another future reference - AutoAnything.com beats competitors prices by $1. If you chat up their Live Chat rep, they'll adjust the prices of items in your cart. I saved $25 on a $65 order. And still got free shipping.

The LED lights (both motion and awning) are YOUR fault. I saw the thread, my wife saw the lights at the RV show and suddenly I'm ordering the parts from China. Hopefully the boat gets here before April!

And, I'm hoping the Tailgate Assist helps my daughter and wife with opening the truck bed. If the pics hold true - they can pull the handle and just let go and it'll lower gently and gracefully.

Still need to measure and get jacks for around the axles. Still need to hang my sewer holders. AND- I was shopping the central vacs online (Intervac seems to be what I'll go with). SO happy for spring!

I would love to throw a wrench into your plans and tell you should order this as well !!!!!!!!!!!
I know Im bad ......
2013 New Music Sound Sensitive RGB LED Controller w Audio in for RGB LED Light | eBay

Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

LOL, I think I can pass on that one!

Besides, I have a bunkhouse ladder that I need fabricate to stop the fights between mother-in-law and darling daughter (MIL's in DD's drop-zone in the mornings).

And, I still have been eyeing the Progressive Industries hard-wired protectors.

OH, and - I want to replace both sets of steps with those that have 4 steps (and mount supports underneath).

I had quite the "wishlist" on tweetys.com the other day!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #4

Geez you've been busy.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

Busy ordering, that is. Gonna have a busy stretch coming up!

I was also just pricing the Tornado Tank Rinsers. Need/want to add one to my second black tank.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #6

WRT the DeeZee Tailgate Assist. I bought one from Auto Anything last year. Does what it's supposed to do and still works like a charm.

They will want to back out of the way because it's not a slow fall for the first 4-5 inches, but then the shock catches it and it works as designed.

Certainly worth the money!

jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Good to hear! AutoAnything was pretty impressive. I was using the Live Chat feature on their site. I asked about the price matching and he asked for the link where I saw a better price. For both items, I sent links to Amazon. He checked them out and then beat their price - my shopping cart showed the change immediately. I spent $40 and saved $25 and still got free shipping. I was pretty happy.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
Fulltime family RVer

Ok, adding to the list:
  • Tornado Tank Rinser for my 2nd black tank.
  • Valterra RV Stabilizer Stands for near the axles
  • Oak Cupboard Bar (because our medicine cabinet likes to shed what it's holding after we drive

Also renewed my Big Rigs Best Bets online membership and ordered a copy of the 2013 Next Exit book.

I think I'm going to give my card a break for a while.