Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #1

Peak Backup Camera

Has anyone used one of these Peak PKC0RB Wireless Back-Up Camera System with 3.5-Inch LCD Color Monitor : Amazon.com : Automotive? I got one for Christmas and don't really need it on my pickup but would like a rearview camera on the back of the 5er. They offer an extension cable that would allow the transmitter to be mounted up by the pin box and the camera pounted on the bumper. I'm curious if it could be used continuously as they are designed to only come on with the reverse lights on the truck. I don't want to spend any time on it if its going to suck.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #2

Reviews are half and half. A friend had it on his rig and he didnt have any complaints.
I have a plate camera $22 buck on ebay hooked up to my incab programmer. It does the job for hooking up to bumper pull but not "great". Biggest thing with most of these is the water issue. Mine hasnt leaked yet and hope it doesnt but for the price I cant gripe! lol, Not sure if this helps ya.
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

Thumbs up Works great

The tail of my Berkshire will sometimes drag when going up an incline. I installed an older Peak wireless camera under the frame to watch it. The transmitter is about 40 feet from the monitor. I have it on all the time and it works great. Tied to a hot 12v line. I do need to clean the connector a couple of times a year when the picture gets fuzzy.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote