Old 03-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #1

poor quality sofa bed

My wife and I took delivery of our 2015 Columbus 325rl, last month. When looking at the 320 model, we really liked it's sofa bed and assumed the same thing would be in our 325 model. WRONG!!! What we got was something that looks like it came out of a cheap motel. Thin mattress on metal springs. I called the dealership and asked why we were given this instead of the one in the 320 model. More expensive trailer, cheaper sofa bed! He was surprised, but had no answer and would call a Forest River rep for an answer. A week later, he called to say the rep said the better sofa bed, in the 320 model, would not fit ours. The basic summation was " we would have to live with it". We don't buy this explanation and want resolution to this situation. NO ONE WOULD SLEEP ON THIS THING!!! Anyone know how to pursue this further?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #2

I would think that most dealers would "swap" items just to keep their customers happy, have you talked to them about that option?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #3

Duck8792 that is the problem

The dealer offered no solution, since Forest River said the " better" sofa bed would not fit. We feel " stonewalled" and this is the second Forest River trailer we've owned.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy3 View Post
The dealer offered no solution, since Forest River said the " better" sofa bed would not fit. We feel " stonewalled" and this is the second Forest River trailer we've owned.
Sounds a bit fishy, but then I'm no expert. Grab a tape measure and get exact dimensions on yours, then go to the dealer and measure the one in the other rig. At least then you will know.... and perhaps have the added pleasure of saying "liar-liar-pants-on-fire" and ask them to make it right!

Just my .02
Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #5

Thought I read in a brochure or something that changes can happen anytime in production and what you see is not what you MIGHT get. Not saying its right, but that's there protection in case items are changed from there manufacturers.
Bob
Old 03-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #6

Poor Quality Sofa Bed

I purchased a 2014 Sanibel by Prime Time Mfg. in Nov 2013, and in 2014 after Sleeping on our King Size Bed we found out that when we woke up we were sleeping in a "Ditch". We went to Frog Rally last year and complained to Sanibel Rep of the poor quality Mattress and replaced it with a Denver Mattress. That was Day & Night difference in sleeping quality. That made me a Forest River "Fan" and I was glad they backed the quality of my Sanibel.

I suggest if you don't get satisfaction from the Dealer you come to the FROG Rally in Goshen Indiana in August 2015. I Rallied with Cedar Creek Guys and we had a blast there.

Good Luck with your Rig.

Tags
bed, quality