Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
BDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 141
Power Stabilizer Question

Just purchased a Rockwood Windjammer and have found myself second guessing the power stabilizers that came OEM. It is just that, they only stabilize, they do not in any way level the trailer and it seems that once set up the drivers side/left side leans when the slides are out. I set the trailer up with the slides in, which is pretty darn close to level, but after a day or so notice a slight lean to the left. Seems that these thing "creep" a little. I was toying with adding a 30" screw jack in the middle of the rail to aid in leveling the trailer. any thoughts?
__________________

__________________
2016 Sandpiper 365asqb
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006W
2014 F250 6.7 PowerStroke 2wd
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post
Just purchased a Rockwood Windjammer and have found myself second guessing the power stabilizers that came OEM. It is just that, they only stabilize, they do not in any way level the trailer and it seems that once set up the drivers side/left side leans when the slides are out. I set the trailer up with the slides in, which is pretty darn close to level, but after a day or so notice a slight lean to the left. Seems that these thing "creep" a little. I was toying with adding a 30" screw jack in the middle of the rail to aid in leveling the trailer. any thoughts?
Yes stabilizers are just that. Stabilizers
Few days ago someone mentioned putting there camper off level of the slide side by an 1" then when it settled it would be level again.
Just a suggestion.


Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Yes stabilizers are just that. Stabilizers
Few days ago someone mentioned putting there camper off level of the slide side by an 1" then when it settled it would be level again.
Just a suggestion.

Turbs
Yeah...thought of that...just seems to be on the " heavier" side of the camper. Maybe a savajack mount on that side...
__________________
2016 Sandpiper 365asqb
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006W
2014 F250 6.7 PowerStroke 2wd
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post

Yeah...thought of that...just seems to be on the " heavier" side of the camper. Maybe a savajack mount on that side...
Just don't put it under your slide.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.