Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #1

Privacy Curtains

My camper is small 21 ft model total. It has a queen bed on 1 end and bunk beds on the other. The bunk beds have small openings to climb through and I would like to add small privacy curtains for each bunk. I would also like to add a larger privacy curtain on the queen side end. I was thinking of some kind of tape system that sticks to the ceiling with a rail setup you can slide the curtain along on. Has anyone tried this or have other ideals. All would be appreciated. Thanks
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #2

We used a shower curtain rod with the rubber ends that tighten against the wall as you turn it to divide our camper for more privacy. Similar to this 72 in. Swirl Tension Shower Rod in White-SR-12072-01 - The Home Depot . Really works well and simple to remove when not needed.
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #3

I need help with the same issue. I was thinking of a similar track and hook system that they used in the bathroom shower curtain. It's an aluminum track screwed to the ceiling. I'm just not sure I can put screws into the ceiling and if it would hold up the weight of the track and the curtain. I can't use the shower curtain rod solution because my wall at the end of the bed does not continue to the ceiling.
bakwoodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
Old Ram Guy

This is what I did to create a dressing room outside the bathroom in a 23IKSS. The track is flexible and can be found on Amazon. Good Luck.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...kss-70206.html
Old 02-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #5

Your local home improvement/ hardware stores should carry the ceiling track for curtains. We found it at Lowe's (or home depot?) and made our own curved track on a prior travel trailer's bunk area. Our kids loved having their own "door".
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #6

That will work for me Avenger! Looks good, too!
bakwoodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #7

I have received my supplies from a RV center for this project. They have everything you need. I will divide the camper at the kitchen with a ceiling track. This will divide the camper and give a private area to include the bathroom and two rear beds on the Shamrock 233S. Everything for the hardware install can be purchased online. I will get a curtain with a net fabric on the top for the AC to pass through from a fabric store and sew it myself.
Captbozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #8

I used a shower curtain and the command strip hooks. The hooks were small wire ones by command strips. I mounted them to the ceiling spaced with the grommets of the shower curtain. If they pull off because of kids, the curtain doesn't rip nor does the ceiling!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #9

I may have to think about using a fixed track. My children are adults now but accident do happen. If the track is pulled on hard it could pull the finish off the ceiling.
Captbozy is offline   Reply With Quote