Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's awesome Buckeye! Can't wait to see it! We need to get together and get a camp schedule!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #22

The battery mod looks good but you might have a problem with it. When I was going to do the same idea and double up the battery on my fishing boat it was recommended to use a battery switch to select one battery at time because when multiple vehicle batteries are connected in parallel they will tend to drain each other if they sit long enough.

2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Tomorrow I am going to batten down everything,and go tow it around. The day I brought it home it snowed 4-5in,no snow when I got to dealer,1-2 by the time pdi was over,and snowing hard,4x4 at traffic lights to get going,thank goodness the breaks worked. Only had about 20-24 mi. to home.
Needless to say,I never got over 45mph,oh and got salt on aluminum trim !
Need to get her out on interstate,n see how it feels. If weather cooperates (ha !) get it up to the shop and wash n wax n polish aluminum.

Juz saw opendydad's pic on tow rigs, darn that saber is huge ! Makes me a little less worried about 33' !
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engauge View Post
The battery mod looks good but you might have a problem with it. When I was going to do the same idea and double up the battery on my fishing boat it was recommended to use a battery switch to select one battery at time because when multiple vehicle batteries are connected in parallel they will tend to drain each other if they sit long enough.
Thanks Engauge, I'm waiting on a battery disconnect,for when it is in the barn,but I can also plug it in occasionally. Hope that works ! If not ill definitely rethink it !
Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Thanks gang !

Just finished last coat of bead liner black on tops,will finish tomorrow,n post finish pics. Un fortunately,I had some bleed through at tape,on som trim. that liner spray is not coming off.and I did an ok job on stain,could be better,but I'm not doing it over.its in and will do what I want. I put magnate catches at top and bottom of doors,but may have to think of something else,they are not really strong enough,to keep heavy objects in cabs.

I am supposed to receive a 30 amp progressive hard wire/remote monitor, wed. Hope to get it in this wknd.

And need to make a home for new gen set, which fired right up,ran about 1/2 tank o gas through,then ran some power tools with it. Worked great ! Hope it stays that way.
What kind of GEN is this? I am looking for a new quite not to expensive GEN to run at the NASCAR races in the evening.
Firefighter938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter938 View Post

What kind of GEN is this? I am looking for a new quite not to expensive GEN to run at the NASCAR races in the evening.
Boily from china,it's a copy of the Yamaha, 3800 watt w/inverter,key and remote start. I studied a lot.we have had Honda equipment,but not a gen set,it is relatively quiet,much quieter than our Coleman. I'll take a chance on it for the $ ,about less than half of the price of Honda or Yamaha. From the Boily guy,he took my call personally,and I had it in 10 days,with free shipping,got the platinum warranty 2 yrs.After I install progressive surge protector,I will try n run tha AC in TH, but all say it will run it no prob.

I have been "that guy" at Bristol,night race HOT,I ran the Coleman for three days,and still apologize to fellow race fans.
Also have been with "those guys" at Michigan in the infield,who ran a loud gen set all night,and had angry neighbors in the am.

Neither was a lot of fun! Well xcpt for the racing, this was fun!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #27

I'm not sure about Enguage's comments...I lived off the grid for 6 years and I can tell you that the larger the battery bank the better off you are...with all 4 batteries acting as 1, you will typically only drain each battery a little bit between re-charges. this will greatly increase the life expectancy of the batteries. Lots of small discharges is way better for a battery than a few deep discharges. To prevent discharge during storage I always install a small solar panel to the system to keep a small amount of charge going unto the batteries.

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition - Loaded
djkarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #28

Quote:

Boily from china,it's a copy of the Yamaha, 3800 watt w/inverter,key and remote start. I studied a lot.we have had Honda equipment,but not a gen set,it is relatively quiet,much quieter than our Coleman. I'll take a chance on it for the $ ,about less than half of the price of Honda or Yamaha. From the Boily guy,he took my call personally,and I had it in 10 days,with free shipping,got the platinum warranty 2 yrs.After I install progressive surge protector,I will try n run tha AC in TH, but all say it will run it no prob.

I have been "that guy" at Bristol,night race HOT,I ran the Coleman for three days,and still apologize to fellow race fans.
Also have been with "those guys" at Michigan in the infield,who ran a loud gen set all night,and had angry neighbors in the am.

Neither was a lot of fun! Well xcpt for the racing, this was fun!
We camp in at Michigan, and we run a Champion all night but we are right against the fence in one of the outside campgrounds and have no neighbors to complain. We have to infield Kentucky Track side spots and last summer it was 118 track temp. I would like to try something a little less intrusive! Thanks for the heads up on GEN. Let me know how it works with air conditioner when you get a chance to try it out.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

We camp in at Michigan, and we run a Champion all night but we are right against the fence in one of the outside campgrounds and have no neighbors to complain. We have to infield Kentucky Track side spots and last summer it was 118 track temp. I would like to try something a little less intrusive! Thanks for the heads up on GEN. Let me know how it works with air conditioner when you get a chance to try it out.
I've been trying to think of a race to take the family to,DW has been my race partner for a while now.the days of going with the guys are far behind me,only because it is Far better to have DW with you than,DW asking what it was like.
Anyhow,I've been thinking maybe,Martinsville
Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #30

Quote:

I've been trying to think of a race to take the family to,DW has been my race partner for a while now.the days of going with the guys are far behind me,only because it is Far better to have DW with you than,DW asking what it was like.
I have been to Martinsville, Richmond, and Darlington. Richmond was the best out of all of them. Martinsville was great but the camping was kind of crazy set up. No real spots park were you want and it rained so bad everyone was stuck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-424082371.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	28751
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

I have been to Martinsville, Richmond, and Darlington. Richmond was the best out of all of them. Martinsville was great but the camping was kind of crazy set up. No real spots park were you want and it rained so bad everyone was stuck!
Whoo ! Wow ! Only reason I was thinking Martinsville,was it looked on TV,like you could camp on the hill n see track.?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ok took TH out for a run. Went about 50 mi round trip,was on I 70,with all the trucks, I was very impressed,with the balance of the TH,full water tank n no gear,but it pulled great ! No wagging or anything. On the way back I could comfortably drive with one hand,"30+mph gusts today here" the truck liked 67-72 mph, saw EGT's around 850-900' trans temp around 180'. Plenty o power,but I could feel it is heavy.

Finished "mostly"cabs.

Name:	image-3978463420.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	28768

Found a home for gen, even made a fishing rod holder,"that will need Velcro,and a base plate.lots of tie down points added. Came out ok.
I put detergent in BnG tanks before test run today,and a little bleach in fresh tank. Will empty this wknd.

The progressive surge guard arrived today,so will put it in tomorrow!

Making progress !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2587884306.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	28764   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1376750362.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	28765   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1028316757.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	28766   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-572081863.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	28767  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #33

Quote:

RB you planning on the truck race in kentuck? I'm thinking about going if i can get off the W thing. Looking into getting mote pass to return back to ohio.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #34
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Darlington can be a mess also if it rains prior to the races. Took us 4 hrs to get out of the parking lot and about an hr after that to get home. Total nightmare.
No trailer either.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Martinsville, Richmond or Dover of coarse Bristol would be fun as well
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post

RB you planning on the truck race in kentuck? I'm thinking about going if i can get off the W thing. Looking into getting mote pass to return back to ohio.
If anyone is interested I have season camping on the infield back stretch dead center of the back stretch on the fence! I might not be able to make it to the September 20-21 Nationwide/ARCA races. If interested message me direct for more info.

Name:	image-3097892670.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	29332

Picture is from our camping spot on top of camper. You are not getting any closer seats at another track!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post

I just looked at the race date June 27, with any luck I'll be on way home from yellowstone about then.
I'm still looking, DW used the rest of her va-ca time for this trip,so she will not be able to use any more until mid September.
Mote pass ? Boat across ?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post

Martinsville, Richmond or Dover of coarse Bristol would be fun as well
Did season tix for Bristol for 8 yrs,it is a,or rather The race to see in person! Wow must be longer than that was there 6 yrs before we signed Dale's trailer,the race he did not make that yr in Bristol,I took my dad,we had planned the trip well in advance. He is still a 3 guy. Good trip,for obvious reasons,one not to be forgotten.
I found an old T shirt today,as a matter o fact,..this is from way....back #33 Harry Gant skoal bandit !

Name:	image-2403667793.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	29368
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1672902173.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	29369  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Did season tix for Bristol for 8 yrs,it is a,or rather The race to see in person! Wow must be longer than that was there 6 yrs before we signed Dale's trailer,the race he did not make that yr in Bristol,I took my dad,we had planned the trip well in advance. He is still a 3 guy. Good trip,for obvious reasons,one not to be forgotten.
I found an old T shirt today,as a matter o fact,..this is from way....back #33 Harry Gant skoal bandit !
Bristol is awesome! Spring race 2001!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Bristol is awesome! Spring race 2001!
Yep thad be the one. It snowed and a low temp of 19' Brrrrr!