Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Camp Chef is the only retail company that i've seen, that makes a low pressure stove, since nearly all the others are high pressure ones and can't work with the trailer's low pressure pigtail.
So what size is the 'tail' the male quick connection???? is this a standard size?

Thank you...


tonight must be a full moon or something.
__________________

__________________
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Nigels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post


I was unable to find one went to two different RV places and Two different Propane places and no luck so I went and made one I know that you don't have tools for this but If I were you I would remove fitting from camper and take to dealer and try to match it.
Now that is industrious, excellent work! I agree take it off the camper and go down to the store and match it up!
__________________

__________________
Nigel & Bev
Brit Driver & Canadian Naviguesser

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
onetonford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
Camp Chef makes a quick connect hose for their stoves so that may be used with the trailer connection. Go to the Camp Chef web site. This hose will connect from the trailer connection to the stove. No regulator should be necessary as the trailer regulator is filling that function. Here is the link to the site. RV connection hose - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors
I bought that hose and guess what? wouldn't work the fitting on fifth was different lenght at the tip would not plug in so I returned it. According to propane company I went to said there are just to many different configrations to keep that many in his stock so I just got out my calipers and made one.
__________________

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
onetonford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
Now that is industrious, excellent work! I agree take it off the camper and go down to the store and match it up!
Leave it to me a Portuguese to make it right!
__________________

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
Camp Chef makes a quick connect hose for their stoves so that may be used with the trailer connection. Go to the Camp Chef web site. This hose will connect from the trailer connection to the stove. No regulator should be necessary as the trailer regulator is filling that function. Here is the link to the site. RV connection hose - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors
That is useful info... is the female LP connection to the forest river campers 1/4 " NPT???? if so that is the fitting size that I am looking for. I have all the other parts, hose etc.

BTW -- the reason for purchasing this stove was the fact that it works on LP gas.....11" W.C.

Most other stoves will not work in this application.



Darren
__________________
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Nigels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
Leave it to me a Portuguese to make it right!
I aint Portuguese I'm a Brit, or is that worse I'm only live there part time! Now what else can you make with that lathe Why dont you make the OP what he wants, just send me my commission for the idea
__________________
Nigel & Bev
Brit Driver & Canadian Naviguesser

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
onetonford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
I aint Portuguese I'm a Brit, or is that worse I'm only live there part time! Now what else can you make with that lathe Why dont you make the OP what he wants, just send me my commission for the idea
Sorry ain't what I meant. Besides I could tell you were Brit, by your Accent.
__________________

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post


I was unable to find one went to two different RV places and Two different Propane places and no luck so I went and made one I know that you don't have tools for this but If I were you I would remove fitting from camper and take to dealer and try to match it.
Nice work, but my metal whittlin' ain't what it used to be. I picked up a quick connect from the local propane shop for $9.00. Because this was such a a "mysterious part that no-one knew anything about" I picked up two.

'course it'll save on those over priced 1 lb bottles.

It's a green thing, don't you know.

thanks for the feedback, everyone who posted to this thread....
__________________
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
onetonford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 629
Good Job
__________________

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Nigels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 634
Shucks no commission then!
__________________

__________________
Nigel & Bev
Brit Driver & Canadian Naviguesser

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.