Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #1

Pull out couch/air mattress- hate it!

Just took delivery on a 2013 Rockwood fifth wheel ultralight with Diamond package. Absolutely beautiful, but what's with the air mattress in the pull out couch? Not only does it add multiple steps to the process, but its uncomfortable and I'm sure just a matter of time before it leaks. Does anyone know is Forest River will provide a new couch with the more traditional "jack knife" design? I'd even be willing to buy it, and I'm sure installation is easy. Any other alternatives? Thanks!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

The new "destination" sofa is an option on many THOR products, it's a great sofa and sleeper, went to look at a Crossroads and it was an option. It will fit any RV as a complete swap:

The Destination Tri-Fold Sleeper

Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #3

Interesting, no wonder the manufacturers have so much trouble keeping up with what people want. We just took delivery of a Wildcat Maxx, it came with the new fold-out sofa that uses the sofa pads as the bed, hard and uncomfortable. When we purchased the sofa was the foldout with the storage drawer and air mattress. We think it's a better deal in all ways. To each their own, but has to be hard to keep everybody happy.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #4

My "Bed -In-A-Bag" mattress is really comfy compared to our old jack knife in the TT. The material is pretty thick, so unless our dumb s**t cat decides to play footsie on it, the air mattress should last for quite some time. To each his own.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
Owner/Operator

I could find no price or place to purchase the Destination Tri-Fold Sleeper. Information on the Lippert Site, but no price or place to purchase. And Lippert's major retail outlet (Mobile Outfitters) does not list any furniture.

RodeoGeorge
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
Air Mattress

I have a 2012 3001W and the first time I blew up the mattress it had a leak. The factory and dealer solution was for ME to patch it with the kit. The other recommendation was not to fold it into the bed but to store it in the bottom drawer. Brand new unit should have been replaced with a new one I am not happy with the solutions from the dealer or factory. The mattress was patched and I have not used it since. Frank
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglelover View Post
I have a 2012 3001W and the first time I blew up the mattress it had a leak. The factory and dealer solution was for ME to patch it with the kit. The other recommendation was not to fold it into the bed but to store it in the bottom drawer. Brand new unit should have been replaced with a new one I am not happy with the solutions from the dealer or factory. The mattress was patched and I have not used it since. Frank
Well, I guess your going to have to be the bad guy and DEMAND a new air mattress. Don't take no for an answer, after all your bought a new coach.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Now a "Top Member"

We never used the fold out portion of our fold out sofa. It was just too much work. We ended up taking the sofa out of the trailer, and I now have a reclining chair there (La-Z-Boy). Much better than the sofa. We do keep teh air mattress in the trailer, and use it for grandkids and/or other visitors. It just goes on the floor now. Used it a few times like that so far and it works great for us.
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
The new "destination" sofa is an option on many THOR products, it's a great sofa and sleeper, went to look at a Crossroads and it was an option. It will fit any RV as a complete swap:

The Destination Tri-Fold Sleeper
This what our new Coachmen TT came with. We like it quite a bit. I was expecting the air mattress. I think the air mattress is a tremendous step up in comfort over the old jacknife sofa.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #10

What jeeplj8 said.....

Tags
air mattress