Have added Xantrex 2.5 inverter/converter and 900AH battery bank. Will worry about solar next year or the year after or when finances recover
Setup with utility, generator power to Xantrex. It happily charges new battery bank while also sending AC power back to RV AC panel. upgrade is working well.
Question is - what to do with factory RV batteries and factory converter.
Need your help here - should I:
1) Keep new battery bank seperate as it is now or wire to DC input on RV power panel?
2) Do I need the converter still if I wire the new battery bank to the RV DC panel?
3) I want to leave the factory batteries and wiring 'as is' due to no desire to start fishing in that active wiring bundle. If I wired the Xantex and new battery bank to the RV power panel, I would probably have the old batteries and converter in a 'seperate group' apart from the RV power panel.Your comments appreciated here due to adding a lot of weight versus removing the old batteries and converter and then having to rewire to to engine isolator to have the same functions as before.
4) Remove or keep the factory converter WFCO 55A, as is, where it powers the RV DC side of the panel along with the factory batteries.
What I am asking about
1) I added 600 pounds here so should try and remove some weight.
2) I think I have enough backup power but can't decide on losing the 'redundancy' of the original batteries and converter (overkill????)
3) the biggy is wiring the new battery bank to the RV DC power panel or keeping it 'behind' the Xantrex.
I don't have the RV experience to know which way to go on this and value your help.