Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

Refer inside circulation fan

I thought I would pass this on, I purchased a 12v fan on ebay for $12.00. It's used to circulate the air inside the unit. The directions that come with it say's to hook up the hot lead to your light and then use the clip to hook to your fins inside to create the ground. It's tells you when you want to shut it off you remove the clip from the fins. I found a much better way to install this. Below the fins is a drain pan that takes the condensation outside to a pan located in the lower door area. In that area you will see a safety click-on the flue. If it overheats it shuts down the burner. Just run a 28ga. wirier or anything small down the tube to the collection pan. Then put a spade connector on 1 side of the click-on to pick up the 12v. Place the fan where you want it and hook the clip to the fins, and now your on and off switch will control it. When you turn your refer on the fan comes on stays on, when you shut the switch off the fan also will shut off. The amount of dripping water will not be stopped by that little wire. Works great, I now keep my refer set at #2. Hope this helps someone very easy to do. Also keeps all the wires out of the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 volt refer. fan 001.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	32897  

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote