Old 12-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Mine works just fine to, and most likely the least elaborate one on the forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131212_081501.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	43741

Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKat View Post

NOTE: that little clear plastic piece that sits under the fins (to catch water) isn't always fastened well. That accounted for some of the "rain". Make sure it is securely fastened and the runoff chute is in the drain hole.
That little tray under the fins isn't to cacth the water - it was designed and installed as meat tray - it is the perfect size to hold the plastic bags of cold cuts from the deli. Just ask my DW We don't seem to get a lot of condensation, but when you stuff the drip tray full of ham, you end up with water in the bottom of the fridge.

During our PDI, the tech went on and on about his little battery powered fan he used in his RV fridge. But he never told us where to get one. Thanks for that link - think I'll get one.

This should maintain the marital bliss - DW can continue using the meat tray, and I won't be yelling about the fridge being full of water because the drain is blocked with bologna.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
That little tray under the fins isn't to cacth the water - it was designed and installed as meat tray - it is the perfect size to hold the plastic bags of cold cuts from the deli. Just ask my DW We don't seem to get a lot of condensation, but when you stuff the drip tray full of ham, you end up with water in the bottom of the fridge.

During our PDI, the tech went on and on about his little battery powered fan he used in his RV fridge. But he never told us where to get one. Thanks for that link - think I'll get one.

This should maintain the marital bliss - DW can continue using the meat tray, and I won't be yelling about the fridge being full of water because the drain is blocked with bologna.
Just make sure your OK with losing ceiling height space. I think a better solution is to mount it on the fins, but to each his own.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
...During our PDI, the tech went on and on about his little battery powered fan he used in his RV fridge. But he never told us where to get one. Thanks for that link - think I'll get one...
I think you will be disappointed with the battery powered one which requires replacing batteries all too often. IMO, just get a ball brg computer fan and wire it into 12 volts.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

I think you will be disappointed with the battery powered one which requires replacing batteries all too often. IMO, just get a ball brg computer fan and wire it into 12 volts.
Unfortunately I have to agree!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #16

Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1surveyor View Post
what are the dimension's of that unit , looks like it sticks down quite aways from the top
It is about 2 inches tall by 23 inches long by 4 inches deep. It sits all the way back against the fins. We have not noticed it cutting down on the space. The fans are on the bottom and blow the air out the back - against the fins.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #17

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Here are pictures of my homemade one that works great.
I like it - I did pay more that is for sure. I was going to ask - is it powered from the interior light? I noticed a wire in the posts. As I was doing my literal dismantle I found that the hot wire on the fan stays hot - the switch breaks the ground lead.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKat View Post
I like it - I did pay more that is for sure. I was going to ask - is it powered from the interior light? I noticed a wire in the posts. As I was doing my literal dismantle I found that the hot wire on the fan stays hot - the switch breaks the ground lead.
Yes, the fans are powered from the 12v power in the control board. The switch breaks the 12v lead as the ground is thru the frig fins.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #19

you have to let the thing get cold before using it I live in ohio and camp all summer no probloms with just using the frig as it works to many people just can not live with what they have and are to smart for everything
Old 12-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkklops View Post
you have to let the thing get cold before using it I live in ohio and camp all summer no probloms with just using the frig as it works to many people just can not live with what they have and are to smart for everything
We turn it and the 2 fans inside and the 2 fans outside on at least 12-24 hrs before loading it. Have monitor in the freezer and the frig compartment that will tell us when the freezer gets below freezing and the frig to at least 40. Unit usually holds the freezer at 0 and the frig at 33-34.

Tags
fan, refrigerator