Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #21
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
LED's for the outside also....Can be seen in sun...
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #22

My 2011 Georgetown came with double bulb pancake lights on the ceiling and small round halogen bulb fixtures under the cabinets and over the couch. I replaced all of the bulbs with 48 led panels I bulk purchased from China. These panels have no voltage regulation on them and, if run on over 12V burn up quickly. To avoid problems with them, I installed a DC-DC buck regulator in each fixture that I set to 11.2V. The regulators and bulbs cost me around $5 / fixture, a reasonable cost.

When I removed the fixtures, the one that was on the most had turned the ceiling under it brown from the heat of the bulbs.

I also added an additional LED fixture in the hall, just outside the sliding bedroom door. It nicely lights the hall wardrobe that was, as delivered by FR, a black hole. I used the air conditioner duct to run power from the nearest ceiling fixture to it.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:51 PM   #23

Contact the LED Dealer that was at the Goshen Frog Rally vender area,"Cabinbright" led lights! Call Joe,good guy! Convert over all your lights! Youroo!!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #24

I replaced the bulbs in a couple of the lights that we use the most,,, I got the bulbs from a local RV dealer,,, I know they are cooler & use less power,,, but am not sure they are as bright an the old bulbs were ??? I do like the LED in the range hood !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #25

WE have our Windjammer on order and haven't been able to determine what model tail-light fixtures are on there. From looking at online photos, it appears they are Peterson 457 series and in that case, take 1157 bulbs.

Hoping to try these units I located online since the placement of the LEDs would appear to mimic the location of the filament in a regular bulb and thus work well with the Lens covering the bulb/fixture.
Attached Images

Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light