Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #1

Regular Sleep Number vs. RV Sleep Number Beds

Has anyone physically seen the difference between a regular and an RV sleep number bed and can you tell me if they are significant? We are looking at a full size queen as a shorter length is not required. In speaking with a company rep, we were told that the main difference is that the corners are significantly more rounded in the RV version to allow for tighter ingress/egress around the bed. Has anyone actually compared them side-by-side and was there any significant difference?

Thanks for any info!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:15 AM   #2
Always Learning

I have not seen the RV edition but heard similar things from the company rep. I was at a Sleep Number store and prepared to buy the regular household version. With card in hand, the guy talked me into the RV version for about $300 less. He had the sale and didn't need to sell me on something less expensive. He said they were all but identical- the mattress topper has "2 comfort zones" instead of 3 or something. And the RV edition come with longer hoses in case you need to get creative with the pump.

The RV edition has both- a short queen and regular queen size. In addition, each size comes with square vs. rounded corners.

Longest story shortest- back before Halloween, they upgraded their entire computer system that handles everything from orders to manufacturing to shipping and it was a complete and total debacle. My 3-5 week delay turned into 7-8 weeks and they ultimately sent me 3 different beds - two of which to the wrong locations. Due to their mistakes, they upgraded me back to the original residential version.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:23 AM   #3

I just checked and there isn't a difference, the wife and I have a king sized sleep number in the house and a Queen sized in the trailer and there isn't a difference. I do know they have different sizes of Queen beds for the RV's but that is the only thing that I can see that's different. I would say we order our sleep number on the camping world web site and they have some awesome sales sometimes if you look for them
Paddytbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:16 AM   #4

Thanks to you both for the info! There are some great sales right now at the Sleep Number store on the regular beds. We went ahead and ordered just the standard queen and are waiting for the hose extenders to arrive so that we can put it together in our MH.

Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #5
2021 Forest River 26FKBS

Don't get the short queen!!!. We just bought a 2014 Coachman that had a RV short queen in it. Stupid me did not really pay that much attention and when I stretched out on it the first time my fee hung out about 4 inches. I am 6'2". Now I have to decide what to do about the bed. Would rather squeeze around it rather than have my feet stick out.

2021 Flagstaff Ultra Lite 26FKBS. 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 for Tow Vehicle.
jeffdawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #6
Chief tinkerer

Hello. 5 inches, 75 v 80. Won't be able to test this for a couple of weeks but read elsewhere that the trick is, at bed time, slide the bed away from the headboard end and stuff a couple of extra pillows into the gap, then your regular pillows go n top. Seems reasonable to me. We already have our RV Queen select comfort bed waiting for our Sunseeker delivery this Wednesday. After being spoiled by ours at home, this was a luxury we wanted when we are traveling.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Put pool noodles at the top of ours, I'm 6'3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:13 PM   #8
Chief tinkerer

Ah, another use for RV noodles. Thx!
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, beds