Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #1

Smile RemodeL 24FT. 240 SURVEYOR TRAILER

Looking into putting in two recliners in place of the wrap-around bench seating, its just me and my wife so we don't need the extra bed.

Does anyone out there know if this is feasible or not, and if so, would you have any tips on the subject? I don't care if I have to put my feet down for someone to get by. I just need the recliner for my spine.

Hope someone has an answer,

titanium jack
titanium jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Explorer

My parents just bought a new Winnebago(or one of their brands) they swapped the couch/bed for two recliners. They did a lot of research, dimensions, material, base, tiedowns and even sat in a few at a Good Sam Rally. They are very happy with the recliners. I don’ t have the brand name of the recliner but they are out there(if you need a brand name let me know).
Here is an interesting side note: it would have cost $300 extra to not install the couch at the Winnebago factory. They had the couch taken out and chairs put in at the dealership, then sold the couch on Craigslist.
John
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #3

I'm still getting use this site so if I double up on things bare with me.

And thanks again John, yes, I would like the brand name. maybe they are smaller than the ones I have been looking at. I have a very limited area so the smaller the better.

Jack
titanium jack is offline   Reply With Quote