Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

Remote control stock led light mod

I have 3 kids that are too short to turn on the light mounted in the ceiling in the bathroom of my new 294BH, so I spliced in this controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great, and it was only $7.90. Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but it works great. I figured I'd share in case anyone else has had this issue. I'm going to add one to the front and back room also so I don't have to stand up to turn the lights on. It dims too. I just bought my camper last month and our first trip is this weekend in the Florida Keys for my bday. Just trying to get it modded as much as I can before we go.
Pure Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

light controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Luck View Post
I have 3 kids that are too short to turn on the light mounted in the ceiling in the bathroom of my new 294BH, so I spliced in this controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great, and it was only $7.90. Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but it works great. I figured I'd share in case anyone else has had this issue. I'm going to add one to the front and back room also so I don't have to stand up to turn the lights on. It dims too. I just bought my camper last month and our first trip is this weekend in the Florida Keys for my bday. Just trying to get it modded as much as I can before we go.
'd like to do that but don't understand how to. Can you detail steps?
Cherokee 264 DBH
Ram 1500 double cab TV.
Terry Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

I unscrewed the fixture, cut the black and white wires going to the light, added these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to the wires coming from the camper and the light wires, then plugged the module in. Turn on the light with the lights button, and now you can use the remote. Takes about 5 min to do. Only problem that I found, is that if you use all of the same modules, one remote will turn on/off all the lights at the same time. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this. I'll keep you posted. So far I only have the kids room hooked up, works great though.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #4

Wish I'd had that with my old toy hauler. Same problem, light switch on ceiling and kids can't reach it. But I sold that one.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #5

Yeah, I'm not sure why they do that. Especially since it's a camper with bunks for kids.

Tags
led, light, remote