Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #1

Removing Furniture Through Door?

We're looking to upgrade from a bumper pull to a new 5th wheel and have really liked the floorplan of the Wildcat 28RKBS. It is one of the very few that we have seen that has a full bedroom slide at 30' in length (important to be at or below 30' as my covered storage is 30').
We like everything about the unit except the "j-shape sofa" on the curbside. It is really not very attractive and we would like to replace it with two lazy boy recliners.
Questions: Does anybody know if the j shaped couch can be removed from the 28RKBS through the door? ... How does the factory install the furniture? (before the slide is installed or does Forest River take the furniture through the door?
The Rockkwood/Flagstaff units have a wonderful option for two (2) Lazy Boy Leather recliners and we would purchase those if we can get them in the unit.
I measured the door opening in the Wildcat 28RKBS and it measures 24".
Thanks, in advance, for any and all assistance/comments/advice.
thebraundsa
thebraunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #2

I don’t know about the Wildcat first hand but in my Sierra the couch & recliners come apart. The backs are held on by bolts & wingnuts.
Pull the couch out, turn it over & I’m sure you’ll find it’s modular.
Same with the recliners you want to install.

Good luck
3 Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #3

We have several LazyBoys in the house, and the back comes apart from the seat. It slides right out of the brackets with a little jiggling, and slides back in easily. Would surely fit through a 24" door.
TTforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Campfire Master

The J couch is in two pieces and should fit through the door just fine. The DW loves the couch, she can sit sideways and put her feet up.
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote