Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #41

I learned about the GEO method when we bought our Greywolf 26bh in the spring of 2011. Been using it ever since and never had any issues. Thanks to those that suggested it ...

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2007 Expedition
2011 Forest River Greywolf 26BH
sundawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #42
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
p.s. Our sensors were NOT accurate when the camper was new and had had nothing but clear water in them.
OC, did you mean that they had a reading when empty (2 or more lights on) or they did not accurately reflect remaining capacity?

1/3 light comes on within a flush or two, etc.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #43
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
OC, did you mean that they had a reading when empty (2 or more lights on) or they did not accurately reflect remaining capacity?

1/3 light comes on within a flush or two, etc.
Neither the 08 or the 12 black tanks read empty when we brought them home new from the dealer and the valves had been left open. Fresh water tank finally after sitting with drain open about 4 or 5 hrs after getting home finally read empty. Now, the fw tank and grey water tank will read empty, but the black tank will not. Galley tank is spastic. It's not a problem as I usually dump every 5 - 6 days. Seldom even look @ them.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #44
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Neither the 08 or the 12 black tanks read empty when we brought them home new from the dealer and the valves had been left open. Fresh water tank finally after sitting with drain open about 4 or 5 hrs after getting home finally read empty. Now, the fw tank and grey water tank will read empty, but the black tank will not. Galley tank is spastic. It's not a problem as I usually dump every 5 - 6 days. Seldom even look @ them.
Would love to look at some pictures of your sensor locations. Your black tank 1/3 light may be installed very close (too close?) to the bottom of the tank (like mine is).

When I dump clean, and the camper is level, the remaining water that clings to the walls after the dump valve is closed drains to the bottom of the tank. Before I put the Horst Probes in, it was enough to put that light on.

I discovered it when I lowered the nose of the camper slightly and the light went out. The Horst probes solved this problem in my camper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Horst Probe Install 008.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	57018  
Old 07-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
...Your black tank 1/3 light may be installed very close (too close?) to the bottom of the tank (like mine is)...
I suspect you are right on, it's just not worth the effort for this old man to take the belly off to investigate. I always try to keep 2 or 3 gallons (SWAG) of water/SuperClean/Pinesol in the black tank anyway. I may drain it completely and see.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #46

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
I took Herk7769 advice about the Horst probes & installed them for the black tank. I decided to cut the underbelly where the probes went, cut a square about 2 feet by 1 foot, where the probes were, taped it up with Gorilla tape, so far so good. I found a web sight that said 1) tilt the RV forward since the black water probes are to the back of the tank, on my Wildcat the tank runs front to back, 2) instead of pulling the old probes out with pliers, I removed the 2 nuts, then put a box wrench over the probe, making sure that the probe would come up inside the box wrench, then added a washer onto the probe with the nut & just tightened the screw & out popped the old probe, 3) pushed the new probes in & tightened up the nuts. Everything is working correctly.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Boots49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #47
Site Team - Lou

Should even stay that way! If you have any additional issues feel free to PM.
Herk

Tags
black, black water, water