Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
PatLor

Rhino Roof??

I saw an add in an RV magazine by Rhino Liner to use to create a hard roof. Has any done this or heard of anyone doing this?
Pkdennis0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #2

In another RV forum.... aguy did his 5th wheel. He showed some pics and really looked good. I think is RV.NET.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #3

I've been thinking for some time now that it would be a great idea to rhino or lynex TT roofs. Seems much more supportive and will seal any imperfection a roof has. It must be a cost thing for the factory. The coatings have flex and elasticity, so there shouldn't be any cracking. I'll be going that route when it's roof replacement time.

My only thought is weight, anyone know the weight per sf on an average psreynon liner thickness? Shouldn't be any worse than adding the weight of an air conditioner setup
Old 03-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
I've been thinking for some time now that it would be a great idea to rhino or lynex TT roofs. Seems much more supportive and will seal any imperfection a roof has. It must be a cost thing for the factory. The coatings have flex and elasticity, so there shouldn't be any cracking. I'll be going that route when it's roof replacement time.

My only thought is weight, anyone know the weight per sf on an average psreynon liner thickness? Shouldn't be any worse than adding the weight of an air conditioner setup
I just remember reading the very long post with pics on what the man did to his roof. It is on RV.NET. He said the added weight was hardly anything and the roof was a lot hardier than the rubber one he had.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

if you think about it even if it added 50 lbs you spreading that 50 lbs over a big area not one spot . the weight wouldn't be a factor .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #6
rsl

I like the idea. My ###### liner has held up very well even with all the abuse it has taken in my pickup. Would need white though, black would be way to hot. As far as the weight it has got to be way lighter then the EPDM rubber roof stuff. Have you ever moved a roll of that stuff?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:56 AM   #7

A local camper fix it shop in my area told me that he just bought a sprayer to apply the lining to the roof. So yes they do put it on campers. It is definitely a great idea.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #8

It would make the roof nearly maintenance free
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
Denver, CO

It is an option on Excel campers, which are arguably the best campers on the market. I they are doing it then it works well, is heave, and expensive.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #10

Was at the Florida RV show this week and there were several vendors there that were displaying their Rhino products. Gave me a ball park of $4000 to do a 38" MH like mine.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
Was at the Florida RV show this week and there were several vendors there that were displaying their Rhino products. Gave me a ball park of $4000 to do a 38" MH like mine.
Did any of them mention anything about possible UV problems with the white color?
Old 01-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #12
Plain Old Member

Another option is FlexArmor at www.rvroof.com. One of the Sunseeker owners had his done due to cracking in the fiberglass roof. FR actually paid to have it done. I've considered doing this to our new Silverback. To me, if you're going to keep one for a good while, it's worth it for the peace of mind. I'd pay $4k to not have to worry about the roof as much. Maybe it's just me, but the rubber now a days is a lot thinner than it used to be. I believe I had an Alpha EPDM roof on all 3 Mobile Scouts / SunnyBrooks, and it was a LOT thicker. The thin Dicor roof is very easy to puncture and tear. I have a piece from ours I cut out where it was folded down into the skylight just to have a closer look at it. Not impressed.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #13
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Another option is FlexArmor at www.rvroof.com. One of the Sunseeker owners had his done due to cracking in the fiberglass roof. FR actually paid to have it done. I've considered doing this to our new Silverback. To me, if you're going to keep one for a good while, it's worth it for the peace of mind. I'd pay $4k to not have to worry about the roof as much. Maybe it's just me, but the rubber now a days is a lot thinner than it used to be. I believe I had an Alpha EPDM roof on all 3 Mobile Scouts / SunnyBrooks, and it was a LOT thicker. The thin Dicor roof is very easy to puncture and tear. I have a piece from ours I cut out where it was folded down into the skylight just to have a closer look at it. Not impressed.
Nice

Tags
gray wolf 25rb, 2004 Chevy Avalanche