Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #1

Roo 23IKSS shelving ideas for front pass through storage

I am looking for some ideas on installing a shelf in the middle area of that front storage area and maybe the corner cabinet that is accessible from inside as well. Can screws be put in that front outside wall and how would I install fasteners to wooden cabinets on the inside?

Bonnie
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #2

What do you plan to store? Maybe some freestanding wire shelving that you can customize? The night stand has a fake wall that runs sort of diagonal.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #3

Hi deartruc, I was thinking about storing pop gizmos, maybe rainboots, extra shoes or even small fold up lawn chairs. Right now I have a small plastic patio table in the corner cabinet and it doesn't interfere with the angled wall, lucky I guess. I store my small Weber grill on the floor and miscellaneous stuff on top. I can't fit the grill through the outside doors.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
Old Ram Guy

I got my eye on that nightstand to the right as you enter the door. I'm thinking it wouldn't take too much to cut the top about 3/4 of the way back and put hidden hinges on it. Then I could install some hooks on the inside storage area walls to hang a net bag and have a nice laundry bin. Haven't gotten to that mod yet though.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #5

Avenger61, that idea is sort of good but what if you have items stored on the top? As you come in the door could you cut a hole on that solid wall and put a piece of wood on hinges so you could just push in and drop the clothes?

Now you got me thinking along this line.

Bonnie
Old 05-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #6

Dudley

Get yourself a rivet gun. You and it will become good friends if you plan on doing mods.

"Live" so that when your children hear the words Ethics, Integrity or Honor, they would think of You.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #7

Carlosrod, Good idea on the rivet gun.
I did find some plastic shelving and made individual free standing shelves. We cut the legs down to fit the area where we installed them. They are 14" wide so fit the front storage area beautifully. We made a shorter one for the corner cabinet to hold the grill on top and supplies in tray on floor.

Bonnie

By the way, I tried to add the map of U.S. and only got the information shown in signature....http:// etc. How do I get the map to show?
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 05-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
Old Ram Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleydoo View Post
Avenger61, that idea is sort of good but what if you have items stored on the top? As you come in the door could you cut a hole on that solid wall and put a piece of wood on hinges so you could just push in and drop the clothes?

Now you got me thinking along this line.

Bonnie

That's not a bad idea either!! I considered that first, but that paneling is very thin to work with and I wasn't sure if it would be strong enough to hold the hinge. I might take another look at it though.

Tags
roo, storage