RPod sewerage hose holder
The hose carrier that came on my RPod 189 was too small to fit my Rhino hose. After keeping the hose and attachments in a box in the (already too small) storage compartment, I decided to do something about it. In addition to the space the hose took up, the storage compartment was on the opposite side of the camper from the drain pipes. I bought a length of 6" sewerage pipe and two end caps. I attached a red cedar 3/4" board to the side of my camper frame in the rear near the drain pipes with self tapping screws. I drilled holes in the side and bottom of the sewer pipe so that I could put screws into the cedar board and up into the floor of the camper. The cap toward the front of the camper is glued in place. The rear end of the sewer pipe extends beyond the back of the camper to allow room to put on the other end cap. I sanded the back end of the pipe to reduce its diameter so the end cap could be easily removed. I added a stainless drawer pull to the end cap and attached a piece of stainless cable to the frame of the camper. Next I drilled a hole through the top of the cap (and the end of the pipe) to allow me to put a piece of old curtain rod with a finial through it to hold the cap in place. I also cut small squares of left over pipe to make patches to cover the holes I used to install the screws. I used PVC cement to attach the patches. A quick paint job and so far so good.
George and Cindy
Mainers living in AZ (when we're home)