Old 05-21-2016, 04:16 PM   #1

Safe-T-Plus Stabilizers - how are they working for you?

I would like to hear from those who installed the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer.

1: Has it helped? If so, how much?

2: Did you install it yourself or have it done in a shop?

3: How much did it cost?

4: Would you do it again? Why or why not?

Thank you in advance...

Old 05-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #2

I installed a Roadmaster Reflex. Competitor product- similar design but with an external spring and less expensive. ($270 with mounting brackets)
Works great. In tandem with have a good motorhome wheel alignment (added caster), makes the rig track much better- particularly with pavement changes and getting caught in truck grooves.
Much less steering input now.
In high winds- helps some bit you still need to hold on.

Either unit will help with tracking. Keeps the steering on center when one wheel wants to be pushed.

Installed myself- 2016 Chevy 4500 Express
I would do it again- absolutely. I recommend them whole-heartily.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #3

I too went with the roadmaster reflex,
1. it helps a great deal, much less input, can now drive with one hand if you need to use your other hand for something besides putting indentations in your steering wheel from the death grip you had on it before
2. I had a local shop install, it took them less than 1/2 an hour and cost me $50...not worth me laying on my back
3. dont recall the cost without looking, but it was significantly less than the STS
4. every day of the week...will not own another class A without it
Old 06-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #4

I'm having a Roadmaster Reflex installed Friday. I already had an alignment done a couple weeks ago and it handled maybe a little better but not enough. So question would be - I'm having the stabilizer bar done at a different shop. Is there any chance when doing the stablizier they knock out the alignment? I don't know too much about these things. I just don't want to leave and the wheels are out of alignment again...thanks.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawffeeguy View Post
I'm having a Roadmaster Reflex installed Friday. I already had an alignment done a couple weeks ago and it handled maybe a little better but not enough. So question would be - I'm having the stabilizer bar done at a different shop. Is there any chance when doing the stablizier they knock out the alignment? I don't know too much about these things. I just don't want to leave and the wheels are out of alignment again...thanks.
I doubt they will knock your alignment out...but please the results of this so we know how it works. I too am interested in the Roadmaster Reflex for my class A motorhome.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #6

Will do...going from Arizona to Yellowstone so we should have a good handle on it by then.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #7
Chief tinkerer

Assuming we are talking about your Coachman class C?
Roadmaster Reflex here. $171 Amazon and it is a fairly easy install. This "tightened" the steering and helps you control in case of a blow out. Alignment shop will know to loosen up the "U" bolt when aligning and then retighten when through. Mine did several test drives and adjustments to make sure the Reflex was centering correctly.
To complete the handling improvement a rear trac bar and heavy duty stabilizer rear and then front. Jayco class C owners have all of these from the factory and have great reviews. It is all bolt on that you can do. (sorry, more than you asked for)

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #8
Chief tinkerer

Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467146513992.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	112507  

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #9

I have the safe-t-plus installed on my rv. Cost me about 150 for them to install on to of tug cost for the part. I would rather have a pro install certain things for me, especially if i don't know what I'm doing. I'd do it again because of the way it drives.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #10

saftey plus

Me too had it installed at dealers and 4 Koni FSD shocks and the only thing that bothers me now is heavy crosswind and not really that bad. Made a big difference in handling and ride control on rough roads.

Tags
stabilizers