Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #1

Satellite install 37CKQS

I have a 2005 Forest River Cedar Creek 37CKQS fifth wheel and I have a doam satellite I want to install. Before I mount it to the roof where are the wires in the ceiling so I don't put a screw through one and how long should the screws be to get a good attachment without going all of the way through the ceiling? The antenna has four mounting tabs that each would be 45 degrees of the center line.
waynestahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #2

To answer your first question, who knows? It is up to the person running wires to run them best he see fit at the time.
As for placement, there will be roof joists up there, try and locate at least one and maybe two and drill into them to attach the mount to. I have lots of stuff on my roof, (two AC units, two solar panels, a TV antenna, a satellite antenna, a radio antenna, not to mention the skylights and vents. Everything so far has been up there some of it since 2005 with no problems. Most of it is simply screwed through the roof sheathing and then sealed very liberally with Dicor Lap Seal. No problems.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #3

Thanks. I was concerned about running the screws through wires running inside the ceiling but what you did it doesn't seem to be a problem.
waynestahl is offline   Reply With Quote