Old 08-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #31
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
Be aware that if you get a Tailgater it system specific. But there is another model satellite, I believe it's called a King, that will do Direct TV or Dish.
King Tailgater is for Dish and King Quest is for DirectTV. I have the Tailgater and and two receivers and it has been working great as long as I'm not in a fully wooded site!

gargoyle999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #32
Thanks Gargoyle. I thought it could be used for either. I was actually going to get one. Lol. Guess not.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:39 PM   #33
I have Direct TV and a Winegaurd 1st gen carryout. Never had any problem receiving a signal even in wooded areas. We had Dish but they started squabbling with AMC and so we switched. BIG Walking dead fans.
Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #34
Have directv with traveler. Pay an extra $13 per month for two receivers. Get the same programming as home. Traveler is not cheap but for us the total bomb. Spend at at least 24 weekends in our unit for work and use it for fun. Traveler well worth the money. Just push a button wow!!
soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #35
Just got the King Quest for DTV. Have not tried it yet other that in the yard. Taking a receiver from the house. Have not hard wired ours. DH made an opening for the cable inside where the trashcan door is...hooked up an A-B switch. Works perfectly. Called our dealer about wiring it for us. $500 plus parts!!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #36
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Use a King Flex model for Direct, it's what we have here at home.The Flex also works for Dish. I bought, off E-bay, A receiver to leave in trailer, came with remote and new (worthless) card. To activate, called Direct, gave them the receivers id number to make sure it wasn't on Amarica's most wanted list ( leased unit with out standing bill that was owed), gave 'em account number. Receiver free and clear, so they sent me a program card with same package I get here, cost's $6.00 a month and, can de-activate (like Dish) if not being used...I leave mine less thing to do) The Flex is an automatic find the bird thing.....When we went to Nashville Rally last summer, had to call them to make it receive east of Miss. River..don't and didn't ask why... King says to use 50' rg6 cable, but have had 100' on the run and didn't notice any pic. problems...Not HD, I don't care...
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #37
I recently bought a tailgater dish and dish receiver. I too have cable at home and dish you can do pay by the month where as no contract. Just turn on when you want to use and cancel when your not using it.
JohnRiordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:37 AM   #38
I have wineguard dish on roof of my rv. Monthly plan from Had to buy approx $100 receiver for rv. All work nicely.
Paul3d42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #39
I have DIrect TV works great for me have had for over 20 years on all my rigs - use kingdome - enjoy auto setup set it on ground with line of sight plug it it in and good to go ---

Another option if some of you are grandfathered in on the unlimited IPhone plan - and have internet at your home ---Sling Box works awesome - stream all the channel you get at home to you tv in you RV in clear HD where there is cell service of course ---

Att is now offering unlimited plan for $100 with direct tv or 180 unlimited for 4 Lines - this is a great option - just need a internet ready tv or Apple TV box or google stick or fire stick to stream from your iPhone, android

I use about 30-40 gigs a month streaming from my slingbox - so you defiantly need an unlimited plan for this option

Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote