Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 01:12 AM   #1

Scarce insulation in the attic 2016 Forest River Wolfpack.

While remodeling the master bedroom due to water trapped in the subfloor I decided to take a look inside the attic to check for leaks. Good news is no leaks. Bad news is all the insulation is piled up on the right side!!! Why and where is the rest of it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1518069961.315454.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	161960
TreasureLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:53 AM   #2
Just as confused as you

Sorry to say, but what's on the right side doesn't look like any insulation I've ever seen before. If it is some kind of insulation it's not much.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Sorry to say, but what's on the right side doesn't look like any insulation I've ever seen before. If it is some kind of insulation it's not much.
Looks like shredded tires or something !
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #4

That is sad!
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureLord View Post
While remodeling the master bedroom due to water trapped in the subfloor I decided to take a look inside the attic to check for leaks. Good news is no leaks. Bad news is all the insulation is piled up on the right side!!! Why and where is the rest of it?

Attachment 161960
#1 it was break time
#2 at the factory.

Put your camera on a selfie stick and get us a picture of that stuff.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureLord View Post

Attachment 161960

Dead mice?

2017 Rockwood 2109s Mini Lite
Campah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #7

I would also be concerned with the roof decking pulling away from the rafters on Left. I would send pics to the dealer and manufacturer. Then maybe blow some insulation in there.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
I would also be concerned with the roof decking pulling away from the rafters on Left. I would send pics to the dealer and manufacturer. Then maybe blow some insulation in there.
Also why is the edge of the OSB even visible in the pic? And how come the joint doesn't fall over a rafter?
larrytbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #9

Obviously any $$ that some of these employees building these RVs are getting paid is way too much. Then again the RV companies are the ones that in the end should be responsible to correct these disasters.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #10

Scarce insulation in the attic 2016 Forest River Wolfpack.

It’s chopped up pieces of seat cushions and vinyl. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1663.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	438.2 KB
ID:	162007
This came out of my ceiling. They blow it in so that is why there are gaps where there is not because it gets backed up.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
I didn't see that the first. That is not acceptable.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #12

Crusader insualtion

I have what Prime Time calls the "Extreme Thermal Package" on my 2016 Crusader 321 RES. When I re-configured the bedroom closet I found No Insulation between the back of the closet and the Fiberglass nose of the rig.

So much for quality control and supposed upgrades!

I packed it with insulation and finished my modifications and went on my way. That was less time, expense and aggravation that trying to get the factory to do something about it.

NxChptr

2016 321RES Crusader 5th Wheel
2016 GMC 1500 MaxTow Pkg w/ 6.2 Gas and 8 Speed
Nights out 2016: 20±
2017 153
2018 38 through 2/8/18
NxChptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:23 PM   #13

Too many high speed left turns moved it over to the right side. Seat material for insulation? What a concept for recycling. I'm afraid to look in my ceiling space now and to see or not to see, that is the question. Thanks for sharing.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #14

I have seen this same shredded material in the plumbing areas of my 2013 Wolf Pack
I haven't opened up anything in the ceiling or walls yet. This isn't very good insulation even if it was packed tighter, air can circulate in this crap. After I bought my RV I saw a post on another forum where a gentleman posted "I wouldn't touch a Forest River product with a ten foot pole" Needless to say getting a bit weary about what I've gotten into. I actually came into the forums to see if any other Wolf Pack owners have done electrical mods. I've found that the power receptacles on one side of my RV are all wired to the same circuit as the power converter while another breaker is left unused. This doesn't seem like good design.
RZerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZerr View Post
I actually came into the forums to see if any other Wolf Pack owners have done electrical mods. I've found that the power receptacles on one side of my RV are all wired to the same circuit as the power converter while another breaker is left unused. This doesn't seem like good design.
If you have an open slot, just remove the cover and stick in another breaker. The converter wires are routed loose from the circuit board to the breaker panel. They are stranded copper wires while all the other 120 volt wires are romex solid copper. You should see a black romex wire and a green stranded wire going to the single breaker. Just move the green wire over to the new breaker, problem solved.

On my Puma, all 13 inside and outside outlets were on a single 15 amp breaker, with two unused slots. Too difficult to move any, so I just added several new outlets using the available slots. Now I can run electric heaters on the new outlets and leave everything else plugged into the original outlets.
larrytbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #16

All you can say is......"It's hard to get good help these days!" To the man that said it was quicker to fix the problem yourself, sad but true! And you can trust the work you did! Can't say that for the ones who left that mess! Having said that, I would send those pictures to the upper management with a note about people checking the work to be done (quality control or the lack thereof) and ask Who dropped the ball on that one! Good Luck!
olwogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Larson View Post
Too many high speed left turns moved it over to the right side. Seat material for insulation? What a concept for recycling. I'm afraid to look in my ceiling space now and to see or not to see, that is the question. Thanks for sharing.
X2 on afraid to look but I'll make myself do it now.

On our last outing my infrared gun showed inside ceiling and wall temperatures higher than the temperature outside and we were parked in the shade so not impressed with the insulation, if any. For some reason I was under the impression these things have fiberglass and foam laminated walls and ceilings.

The photo of roof decking pulling away is what I imagined when on our roof hearing it squeak and give under my feet. Could it be because at that spot I am standing between two 14 inch holes (AC and vent) with a skylight hole to my left? I avoid walking there now.

Behind the AC between another vent adjacent to another skylight is very solid so not sure what's going on.

Then I remember I bought an entry-level RV and I'm not camping in a tent and try to stop picking it apart and enjoy it.

This, in no way, is meant to belittle anyone else's concerns about their rig... it's how I deal with it. [emoji23]
Old 09-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #18

For some reason I was under the impression these things have fiberglass and foam laminated walls and ceilings.[/QUOTE]
The walls if fiberglass do have 1" Styrofoam board between 2 1/8 luan and then a 1/6 of fiberglass on the outside . well insulated no but better then nothing , now the roofs are another story .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, insulation