Old 06-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #1

Sewer Hose Storage Install

Here is my sewer hose modification I did today. It fits both my 15' hose with attachments and my 10' extension.

FR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #2

I have looked at that in comparison with the home built fencepost versions and like the appearance as well as the locking end caps. Have you found any flex in the middle of the tube where the two parts overlap?

Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #3

I have a similar one and love it. But recently, after a couple years without issue, one of the ends popped open during travel and when I got home, one of my connectors was gone. Now I have carabiners on both ends!
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stepcloser View Post
I have looked at that in comparison with the home built fencepost versions and like the appearance as well as the locking end caps. Have you found any flex in the middle of the tube where the two parts overlap?
I had a little bit, about 2mm from the slide part. I wrapped the intersection where the two pipes slide with black Gorilla Tape. Now its solid and no sliding.
FR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #5

Sewage hose storage.

Why don't people store sewer hose in the bumper.. Dad did that for years.. I've done that .. My neighbor didn't know that hose could be stored in bumper.. what's the issue?

Maybe you folks are talking motor homes.. I'm referring to tag alongs...
thom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom125 View Post
Why don't people store sewer hose in the bumper.. Dad did that for years.. I've done that .. My neighbor didn't know that hose could be stored in bumper.. what's the issue?

Maybe you folks are talking motor homes.. I'm referring to tag alongs...

My first hose wore out in under a year from the rough interior of the bumper. And it was a pain carrying attachments in a tub. Some people say they’ll fit in the bumper but I never had any luck.
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #7

I don’t have a bumper on my Cedar Creek. I store my sewer hose I a plastic container I brought from Walmart. Everything sewer goes in that container. My water hoses and all things water goes into another plastic container. I store the containers in my basement
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Why don't people store sewer hose in the bumper.. Dad did that for years.. I've done that .. My neighbor didn't know that hose could be stored in bumper.. what's the issue?...
After reading about the problems about storing the hose in the bumper, i.e. the rust inside the metal bumper, the difficulty of trying to keep the metal tube clean and rust free and abrasion to sliding the hose in and out of entire length of the bumper, I built my fence post storage with a pvc gutter insert. Rather than mounting the tube under my TT, I mounted the 5x5 tube on top of the 4x4 rear bumper, painted it black and applied safety reflective tape. I was concerned with mounting under the TT DUE to clearances and road debris. Mounting on top gives me easier access since I have difficulty getting down on my knees.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:25 AM   #9

I used leftover vinyl siding, trimmed off the top and bottom edoes so I only had flat vinyl. I think the inside is a little under 4" so I scored the length to the left 3 inches leaving most of it not cut through so it could act as a hinge. The next scoring was the bottom then the other side. The perfectionist might paint the inside of the bumper, not I. Insert newly made liner, check the end covers have space to seal load all the hose that fits.
I find most of the abrasion is due to the rusty innards rubbing on the hose. This gives a softer and smoother surface. Periodically pull out the liner, rinse the bumper and let it dry.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:40 AM   #10
Just a member

Quote:
Why don't people store sewer hose in the bumper..

Many folks do. We do. Got a 15 ft and 10 ft (extension) RhinoFLEX in the bumper. They've been stored in the bumper for almost seven yrs and are none the worse for routine wear and tear.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage