Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

Sewer line

Well we are building a new house and I'm already planning on an electric circuit for my unit, I was thinking it would be great to have a pipe ran outside to empty my toilet. Anyone have any info on this at all? Is just running a sewer line to my toilet stack in the basement ok?

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #2

Check to see what your local building code would need. You might need a trap in the line so sewer gasses did not come up the pipe.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Oklahoma Proud

I don't think to the stack would be good but your plumber could tell you better, we don't really have many basements around here. You can tie in to main drain lines such as the ones where your cleanouts are. Just remember you will need 1/4" of drop for for sewer drain lines till it dumps down, any more and the water will out run the solids and that would be bad.
-Wish we would have added another line to our septic to dump into before we poured all our cement around our new house &garage a couple years ago.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #4

Well I can always ask the plumber when they starting installing all the drains and all that outside after they dig the basement. Probably wont be hard since everything will all be dug up for the house build

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #5

I want to put in a sewer drain as well, already have a 30 amp RV outlet. I have a septic system and was thinking of trenching approx.45 ft. and connecting to the tank at a point midway between the tank and the house basement. Have to do some more homework and talk to few people in the septic tank install business.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #6

If you are on septic system be minful of the chemicals you use. If you are on a public sewer system check your municipal ordinances.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #7
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Well I can always ask the plumber when they starting installing all the drains and all that outside after they dig the basement. Probably wont be hard since everything will all be dug up for the house build
That would be the easiest. Probably pretty cheap too. The roughout for our garage 3/4 bath was about $400, and you just want a drain so I couldn't see it being much over$100 if that unless you are going quite a distance.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote