Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
Okay, but then he'd be pretty much back to square one from a cost standpoint - a large enough inverter.
In an RV solar setup situation you can't say economical but least painful would be a matching solar/battery setup with room to grow (adequate wiring).
Aren't we all geniuses in spending someone else's money, so to speak
Solar is only going to be good up to a point. Unless you got unlimited funds and space for panels and batteries.

Wife and I are in the process in building a small off gird cabin up on our 20 acres of property which is about 10 miles away from our house.

I am starting off with 400 watts of panels, 4 6VDC Batts, 1500watt Inverter. Going to try MPPT Charge Controller at first and also a TriMetric Battery monitor with 500Amp Shunt. Bogart Engineering | manufacturer of the TriMetric battery monitor which measures volts, amps and amp-hours for battery systems

kendive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #12
Steve, I just wanted to mention that I've spent some time on your Telescope
Clinic website. I really like it. I'm just starting out but have read a few astronomy
books. I need more practicle experience with a telescope and your site is just the ticket. Great time to be interested in astronomy. Can't wait till the James Webb telescope up and operating. Btw I'm a follower of HandyBob's blog. A bit repetitive but as my Latin teacher would say "repetitio est mater studiorum" ( repetition is the mother of studies)

Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #13
Murphie, thank you for your kind words. We find the heavens to be thoroughly beautiful and greatly under-appreciated. Hope you camp near us some time and join in some sky watching!

Steve & Debbie Russell
2013 Sunseeker 2900
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote

controller, solar