Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #1

Stabilizers

Anybody have any experience with either of these stabilizers?

http://www.jtrv.com/our_products.html
$400 + shipping

http://plugitright.com/Page3.html
$290 shipped

Both look to do the same thing and get good reviews from what little research I've done. They make 'em for both 5'ers and TTs.

Also looking into maybe building my own.

anyone???

thanks,

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #2

Well I just orderd the Plugitright brand stabilizers. Cost was the winning factor between the 2 brands. As far as building my own I figured I could probably do it for around $100 in parts not counting my time and strain on my marriage.

The lazy factor plus I want something quick also helped in the decision to buy something as opposed to making them.

They are supposed to ship tomorrow and I "should" have them by this weekend for the installation. The folks at plugitright said that if I'm not happy with them to send them back. The only thing I have to lose is the shipping cost for the return trip.

I will take pics during the install and give a review as to ease of installation and effectiveness in stabilizing the rig.

greg
Old 06-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #3

According to DHL (the shipper) my new stabilizers should arrive today. However their shipment tracking leaves something to be desired.... No updates on the status since the 20th at 8:10 pm. Sooooo I wait.

I'm going to have to figure out how to get the trailer out of the back yard anyway since we've had all this rain it's pretty darn wet. Last time I had to move it when it was wet I layed some plywood under the rear wheels of my dually and once I started moving I didn't stop. Left some major ruts in the yard. One of them 'round toos is laying some gravel over and into my storage shed.

greg
Old 06-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #4

no stabilizers yet..

DHL finally shows them in Ft. Worth
Let's see they left Nashville on the 20th and just now showed up in Ft.Worth. Hmmmmmm...... Musta gone through Calafornia to get here.

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!

I wanted to install them this weekend because all next week it's supposed to rain.

Another reason to not like DHL.

such is life....
Old 06-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #5

I hate it when I order soething and its late.

But we cant wait to see the mods you add and hear how they work

Thanks, Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #6

Pulled my rig into the driveway today as rain is expected most of the coming week and I really don't feel like doing the install in the mud.

Pics will be posted and an Honest opinion will be given.

greg
Old 06-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #7

Well the nice folks over at Plugitright sent me an email apologizing about the delay. Un-prompted I might add. They say that they track their shipments to make sure they get to where they are supposed to. They were very apologetic as to me not receiving them in time for the weekend to install but that they will be available via phone or email for support when I get them to install.

I should get them today.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #8

OK,

Got the stabilizers today and 1st impression was that these are NOT mass produced but hand made. Not a bad thing in my book as these look like something I would have made. Simple and to the point. The paint job however pretty much bites; it's a flat black that looks like an afterthought. After the install and if I like them they will get a coat of semi-gloss black that will actually stick to the metal (have to strip them down and sand 'em). But they do look tough. They don't have the fancy connectors that the JTRs have and they are not as heavy as those either but they look like they will do the job and do it well. Still 1st impressions though, as it has been raining and I haven’t gotten to install them yet. And their install instructions pretty much bite as well. I will thoroughly document the install for reference when I am able.

Greg
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #9

Installation done go here for pics and documentation:
http://forestriverforums.com/forums/...read.php?t=752

greg
Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #10
RAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
OK,

Got the stabilizers today and 1st impression was that these are NOT mass produced but hand made. Not a bad thing in my book as these look like something I would have made. Simple and to the point. Like I would make with my erector set.
There fixed.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
RAC

Greg must have let my last comment slip by him
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote