Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
Looking for a good stick on level. One that can tell me how many inches to raise up to level .Also the best way to make sure TT is perfectly level before I apply them? Also where the best place to put them. I realize This is by no means a hi- teck ? But I'am sure you guys will have a lot better ideas then I would Thanks any input would be great
To make sure your RV is level prior to attaching the levels, I suggest a carpenter's level. Lay it across the floor or frame rails. Once you have it level, slap these on:
RV Levels, Set of 2 - Rv Designer Collection E401 - Levels - Camping World

No need to spend more. The pair we stuck on our TT have stayed on for over 6 years. The liquid in one did turn from green to clear a couple of years ago. It still works just fine.
BicycleMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #22

I have a 5th wheel so I use one of the big mounted levels on the pin box and found the best ones for front to back are the ones above. They are the most accurate tried the ones with the balls-don't work and the little ones are not accurate. I used a 4 foot carpenters level on the floor inside to initally get the camper level before installing
ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #23

We use a carpenters level on back bumper, steps and inside on floor and counter. All's good if you don't feel like your sleeping head down hill or feel like your gonna roll off the bed.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis and Julie View Post
We use a carpenters level on back bumper, steps and inside on floor and counter. All's good if you don't feel like your sleeping head down hill or feel like your gonna roll off the bed.
Ditto. The self-slamming bathroom door is also a clue that the TT may not be so level.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #25

I gave up on using a level. Could never find a good one. Everyone I used so far was broken. Damn things leak and air gets in it.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
oh and my dw just stands in the door of our 5er and says ds up 2 inches or front two high 5 inches while looking at her level on the counter .
I still hold a beer in one hand squint one eye and pretend like I am listening to her
Thats pretty much how I back up, too.

I put stick on levels on the top of the tongue, near the tongue jack. One oriented front to back, and the other left to right.

I tried sticking them on the side of the tongue, but could never get them perfectly level. They get me close without having to climb in and out 20 times to check a level inside, well close enough I only need to go in and out 3 or 4 times.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleMark View Post
To make sure your RV is level prior to attaching the levels, I suggest a carpenter's level. Lay it across the floor or frame rails. Once you have it level, slap these on:

No need to spend more. The pair we stuck on our TT have stayed on for over 6 years. The liquid in one did turn from green to clear a couple of years ago. It still works just fine.
I use those also. They're much better then the ones that don't have the inch graduated markings.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #28
Site Team

I used a round bull eye level inside the trailer checking different countertops. As long as the ball is ipretty much inside the small circle it's good enough for me.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #29

Wife's iPad has a level app. Set it on counter by refrig., then on floor. We have these mounted on steet side and front corner:
Amazon.com: Hopkins 08525 Graduated Level: Automotive
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_fate View Post
...I have an app on my ipod and an 11 year old son that I send into the trailer and he puts it on the counter and directs me from there. Works very well for front/back level but side to side is still a challenge at times...
You can always try the iphone plumb bob app for infinite leveling angles...

App Store - Multi Plumb Bob

-lj
hoss713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #31

I use a small level which I keep in my TT toolbox. I also attached one of the small stick on levels at the tongue, one on the real bumper behind the spare tire, also two on each side of the rear end. They were two already installed on the front. I did notice on one trip where the refrigerator door wanted to swing a little the other way. I didn't feel like getting out and doing a level job to raise the rt. front a little.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote