Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
daydreaming about camping

stick on towel/coat hangers

Has anyone had good luck using the stick on hangers like the 3M command brand adhesive hangers?

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Site Team

I have used a couple of the removeable hooks without any problems. I selected a heavy weight bearing one for the bathroom in case I want to hang up a wet towel or jacket. I use the picture on the packet as a guide for which hook to buy. After all some of us girls purses are pretty heavy so you would want one designed for more weight than pot holders.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #3

Our V Lite 30WFKSS has quite a bit of closet space, but no place for jackets or extra towels. We have used the 3M, white 3lb. capacity hooks under the cabinet by the front door for leashes for the pups and keys, and in the bedroom by the back door for leashes and on the wall for a variety of hats. For jackets and towels, we use over the door hooks....a dark brown five hooks over the door between the bathroom and livingroom...hooks on the living room side, for jackets and sweaters, and a brushed nickel four hooks over the room side of the garden shower for extra towels or change of clothes. I don't think I would trust the 3M hooks for clothing or purses as the wall paper might pull away from the wall, not because of the adhesive, but because of the weight of what is on the hook.
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWTTA View Post
Our V Lite 30WFKSS has quite a bit of closet space, but no place for jackets or extra towels. We have used the 3M, white 3lb. capacity hooks under the cabinet by the front door for leashes for the pups and keys, and in the bedroom by the back door for leashes and on the wall for a variety of hats. For jackets and towels, we use over the door hooks....a dark brown five hooks over the door between the bathroom and livingroom...hooks on the living room side, for jackets and sweaters, and a brushed nickel four hooks over the room side of the garden shower for extra towels or change of clothes. I don't think I would trust the 3M hooks for clothing or purses as the wall paper might pull away from the wall, not because of the adhesive, but because of the weight of what is on the hook.
Good point about the wall paper. I used white one on the shower wall and one with a bronze metal looking finish on the back of the door. I just didn't like how the white color hook looked on the door but I really do like the metal color ones.

I camp solo and for the most part everything is put away. My cousin hangs her purse in her trailer without any problem but I rather not chance it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #5

Have used the 3M hooks as I did not want to drill holes in the walls. Also, walls are petty thin and will not hold much weight.

A better approach has been to purchase an "over the door" coat rack from Menard or Home Depot. Simply slide it over the door and you have an instant 5 hook rack.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
Has anyone had good luck using the stick on hangers like the 3M command brand adhesive hangers?
I used them to hang some items like a wall clock on an open wall or a small rv broom next to the door. They removed fine now that I'm selling my old trailer.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #7

I put the 5 pounders on last spring. They work great for kitchen, hand and bath towels.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I have the 3m wall hooks, the kind that don't damage the wall when removed. Have put them all over the place for various things. They work great for jackets, swimsuits etc. they have been up for 2 yrs without any issues. We do use an over the door hanger on the bathroom door. We have one on the inside for bath towels and one on the outside for beach towels (can still let them dry if it rains).
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
The command works okay...until it get hots. Then its questionable.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #10

We have used them on two different campers with no issues. Ours are mainly used for beach & bath towels. Like anything follow the instructions.....................
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote