Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #1

Sticker Shock!

We were just at the F/R factory and while talking about all the (warning stickers) on the units,they said we get one more,on the bumper, to warn about add ons & weight , our unit came from the Fac. looking like a Nascar Race Car with all of those stickers on it already! Dont tell the FEDs,but I removed the tags on the mattress & swivel chairs also!! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #2

What is your address, I am from the National Anti Sticker on Mattress Board, I have to come to your house, drink all your beer, take your first born male child, eat all you chips, and get a check for a ga-zillion dollars. We will not put up with such dastardly deeds!
Actually the tags can be taken off by the end consumer.
I took a bunch of them off too!
Jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I especially liked the Smoke Detector sticker right next to the smoke detector. So that's what the thing is!!! It was Crooked and Wrinkled. Best part is the stinker adhesive would not come off the ceiling with alcohol. I had to use Goo Gone but that left a shiney look to the area where I used it. I also have a nice Antenna Sticker next to the Antenna crank inside. At least that one was straight.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhartjr View Post
What is your address, I am from the National Anti Sticker on Mattress Board, I have to come to your house, drink all your beer, take your first born male child, eat all you chips, and get a check for a ga-zillion dollars. We will not put up with such dastardly deeds!Jack
Do what you gotta do. Just don't pet his dog!!!!!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Do what you gotta do. Just don't pet his dog!!!!!
There's GOT to be a story behind that comment!
HomeGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Personally, I think we need to do away with “consumer product safety warnings” all together. My take on it is, if you think it’s ok to turn on the stove and then go find a match, warm up the car in a closed garage, or if you need to blow dry your hair, curl your hair, or make toast while you’re actually in the shower, I’m ok with that.
It ultimately just makes my drive to work that much safer
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Personally, I think we need to do away with “consumer product safety warnings” all together. My take on it is, if you think it’s ok to turn on the stove and then go find a match, warm up the car in a closed garage, or if you need to blow dry your hair, curl your hair, or make toast while you’re actually in the shower, I’m ok with that.
It ultimately just makes my drive to work that much safer
Times two. "Stupid is as stupid does." Forest Gump

Now if only juries could be convinced that a courtroom is not a lottery where the winner and his entire extended family are set for life; we might have a chance. Reasonable settlements for injuries would eliminate the "Point this end away from you" engravings on gun barrels.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #8
Lottery Non-Winner

Wow! I was just having this conversation at work yesterday. A warning on a blow dryer to not use it while taking a bath - seriously? What has happened to people?

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #9

Don't operate heavy machinery after use on sleeping pills. The "HOT" warning on the coffee cups. Those rediculous warnings are there because are there because someone did whatever the warning is for. All they do is delay someone getting their nomination for a Darwin Award.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Times two. "Stupid is as stupid does." Forest Gump

Now if only juries could be convinced that a courtroom is not a lottery where the winner and his entire extended family are set for life; we might have a chance. Reasonable settlements for injuries would eliminate the "Point this end away from you" engravings on gun barrels.
This really goes more to the folks in charge of the court systems. Remember, a judge has to review the case and decide if it has "merit" before it can even make it to trial.

I had lunch at a place outside Austin, TX. The styrofoam to go cups had warnings on them for the contents possibly being hot, cold, luke warm (if you do not drink it in an appropriate amount of time). And most importantly, "THIS END UP!".
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovair View Post
Wow! I was just having this conversation at work yesterday. A warning on a blow dryer to not use it while taking a bath - seriously? What has happened to people?

This is not a toy printed on plastic bags... Seriously... I can understand playing inside cardboard boxes, but how much fun can you have playing in a plastic bag?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #12
PatLor

These warning labels prevent nature from working:

http://www.darwinawards.com/
Pkdennis0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #13

The labels prevent cleansing of the gene pool!! NOT!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Just wait, multi-lingural stickers will be coming soon if they aren't already out there. The warnings will look like a 24" x 36" poster. Why aren't there Mister Yuck stickers on the waste line terminations?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #15

We just got a new 2604, and the first thing I did was gor around the inside and remove atleast a dozen stickers that just made the inside look trashy!! I'm sorry but if a person is so stupid that they need a sticker to warn them about the smoke alarm, running the stove without venting, etc then they don't need to have the unit or what ever to begin with. (Warning coffee from McDonalds is HOT and may cause burns???? DUUUUUU.)

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #16
Newly retired and ready

Having worked in the insurance business for the past 35 years you would be surprised how "dumb" people can be when it comes to things. Like the lady who gave her 2 year old daughter her hot cup of coffee to hold after leaving the drive through lane. When the child spilled the coffee cup and severly burned themselves, instead of the mother being labled "dumb" they sued and won a multi-million $ settlement. And we wonder why our insurance premiums are so high.
Gl111349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #17
Not such a Junior anymore

Before we got our trailer, we were boaters. We had to put two giant stickers, one in the cockpit, and another on the transom.

On ski/wakeboard boats, there is a swim deck on the transom, and there was a sad story of a kid who died because the father allowed him to "body" surf behind the boat, while hanging on the the swim deck.

So we had to be warned that exhaust has carbon-monoxide, and it kills. State of California mandates that ALL boats must have this warning now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Transom.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	7354

FYI: Transom also comes in handy for mixing drinks at the campground!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #18

Why is it that a lot of products have warning stickers just for California? Are Californians extra neurotic or the rest of the US dont care? I bought a fishing pole and there was a sticker on it saying that in California that parts of this fishing pole will give you cancer! I was under the impression that a fishing pole was to be held in your hands, not eaten, must have got this wrong! There was a similar sticker on the tackle box, aint gona eat that, I'm full after the pole!

I hope "Arnie" didn't introduce all this stuff I thought he was a tough guy!

Confused

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #19

lindy,

Were you able to get all of the stickers off without leaving marks? I know marks look better than stickers but would like to have neither if possible. Thanks
jacksum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #20

Jacksum2 just use the DW's hair drier to warm (not heat) the stickers, it softens the glue just enough. Just be careful of the stickers that are on the "wood" surfaces. The wood panels are usually just decails themself on wood.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote