Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #1

Stoage Bay Lighting`

I purchased a new 2010 Georgetown 350 TS a month ago and have since found that another one of FR's cost saving features is to do away with lighting in the storage bays. Does any one else have this particular coach and how did you go about installing illumination in the bays?
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #2

I used some LED puck lights from walmart in the bays I wanted to light that are not used very often. The bay with the Coleman thermoelectric beer cooler got a dedicated 12v light since it's used very often
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #3

My 2010 Flagstaff came with storage lights, one in the front and on one side but I wish there was a light in the other side.
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #4

Hey Ron
That was a very humorous reply. I got a real chuckle over the light to the bay with the beer fridge.
Lloyd
Old 08-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohlingerrv View Post
My 2010 Flagstaff came with storage lights, one in the front and on one side but I wish there was a light in the other side.

Oh baby! Times TWO.

How cheap can they be? I thought they made a mistake in construction!

That is the side with the hookups and I am in that one ALL THE TIME in the dark. I am going to install one there "as soon as I get the time."
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Villa Estate 392FLFB

was thinking about this last night. there should have been a 12v outside light over top of the water and power hookup area... heck the propane area has one right? lol
Old 08-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
MrT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
was thinking about this last night. there should have been a 12v outside light over top of the water and power hookup area... heck the propane area has one right? lol
Perhaps you have a "scare" light on that side which would serve the purpose?

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012-2017
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #8

I was thinking of one of those battery power lights that you can stick anywhere. I meant to do that but forgot until my last trip and to set up in the dark. I was wondering what was FR thinking about not putting a light on the side its needed the most.
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #9

We have a 2010 Sandpiper it has lights on both sides of the bay & in the water system area. We do not have a back outdoor light or front bay light however their is a exterior light at the hitch.
Luv to camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Villa Estate 392FLFB

nope i have no scare light on that side. yet my fathers prowler has one on that side for the hookups and for the gas station.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #11

[QUOTE=ronhanson;59050]I used some LED puck lights from walmart in the bays I wanted to light that are not used very often. The bay with the Coleman thermoelectric beer cooler got a dedicated 12v light since it's used very often [/QUOTE
I bought some LED puck lights a year or so ago to illuminate a pantry in our condo where the builder omitted a normal light. About the second time I used it I forgot to turn it off. Are there LED puck lights that will turn themselves of after 5 minutes or some other preset time interval? When you get my age you need lights to find stuff during times of low light but it is very easy not to notice after a few minutes, when you are finished looking, that they are still on and you forget to turn them off. Thats why I need a kind that will turn off by themselves.
Lloyd
Old 08-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #12

I bought 2 touch lights at wal mart. They are about 6 inches long. I mounted them vertical to the sides of the doors. The light shine across the compartments. I used this set up this weekend on our first after dark set up. Worked great (and real cheap). Working on lighting around the axles and stabilizers next. Looking at LED accent lights with a light switch near the battery. I want to have the lights up under the TT where they won't be seen but will light the areas that I need to see when backing and setting up. May put 2 floods under the rear of the TT for backing. Ya'll made me think now about the hook up area. Going to have to give that some thought.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #13

I was very disapointed my new Flagstaff had no storage lights. It was fairly easy to correct in mine. There is a light for the tongue and the wiring for it runs through the storage area. I bought a couple low profile lights at my local RV dealer, paid $10 for both. I tapped into the wiring for the tongue light and screwed the light to the ceiling of the cargo area and the street side was done. In mine there is a rectangular plastic conduit running from the street side to the curb side which carries the wiring to the outlet on the side of the bed. Now I know you are not supposed to run high and low voltage wiring in the same conduit, but if you have ever taken a look at the way they wire these things I think this is the least of my concerns! I pulled some wire through the conduit and now have cargo lights on both sides!