Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
[QUOTE=ronhanson;59050]I used some LED puck lights from walmart in the bays I wanted to light that are not used very often. The bay with the Coleman thermoelectric beer cooler got a dedicated 12v light since it's used very often [/QUOTE
I bought some LED puck lights a year or so ago to illuminate a pantry in our condo where the builder omitted a normal light. About the second time I used it I forgot to turn it off. Are there LED puck lights that will turn themselves of after 5 minutes or some other preset time interval? When you get my age you need lights to find stuff during times of low light but it is very easy not to notice after a few minutes, when you are finished looking, that they are still on and you forget to turn them off. Thats why I need a kind that will turn off by themselves.

starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
I bought 2 touch lights at wal mart. They are about 6 inches long. I mounted them vertical to the sides of the doors. The light shine across the compartments. I used this set up this weekend on our first after dark set up. Worked great (and real cheap). Working on lighting around the axles and stabilizers next. Looking at LED accent lights with a light switch near the battery. I want to have the lights up under the TT where they won't be seen but will light the areas that I need to see when backing and setting up. May put 2 floods under the rear of the TT for backing. Ya'll made me think now about the hook up area. Going to have to give that some thought.

Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
I was very disapointed my new Flagstaff had no storage lights. It was fairly easy to correct in mine. There is a light for the tongue and the wiring for it runs through the storage area. I bought a couple low profile lights at my local RV dealer, paid $10 for both. I tapped into the wiring for the tongue light and screwed the light to the ceiling of the cargo area and the street side was done. In mine there is a rectangular plastic conduit running from the street side to the curb side which carries the wiring to the outlet on the side of the bed. Now I know you are not supposed to run high and low voltage wiring in the same conduit, but if you have ever taken a look at the way they wire these things I think this is the least of my concerns! I pulled some wire through the conduit and now have cargo lights on both sides!

backin15 is offline   Reply With Quote