Originally Posted by sdagro
I may have missed it but could you either post a list of supplies used for your 5x5 fence post storage tubes or tell me if it's already been posted. Steve
Here's what I used:
1 - 5x5 vinyl fence post cover (8')
2 - 5x5 vinyl fence post cap
1 - 5" vinyl gutter (8' or 10' cut to size)
2 - gutter end caps
4 - piano hinges (approximate 1")
2 - latches
2 - cotter pins
20 - aluminum rivets
The tools needed were:
- saw if your gutter was too long
- drill for drilling holes for rivets
- rivet gun for riveting everything together
Edited to add:
- To attach the post cap to the post cover, I use 2 piano hinges on one side. This keeps them attached to the tube.
- The latches are to keep the post caps closed.
- I use the cotter pins to ensure the latches stay closed.
- I attached gutter end caps to either end of the gutter to form a tray.