Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Storage box options at front of TT?

If there is one thing you can't have too much of in an RV it is storage space.

Looking at the front of our TT, I am thinking about changing to one battery since we don't and won't ever do dry camping (we're what you call "old people" - in our fifties). With only one battery, if I re-position it lower and farther back or to one side, there will be enough space to install some kind of storage box.

Are there storage boxes out there that would work off the shelf, or would I have to custom make something?

Also, as an aside, it looks like the same area would work to relocate the spare tire to. I see that Lance does this in their TTs. I am pondering doing this along with revising the battery setup and making a storage box.

ps: I think I might be able to go on Dragon's Den (Canadian version of Shark Tank) with an idea for the propane tank cover. I think it's possible to revise the configuration of the standard double tank cover so it encloses an electric tongue jack so that the tanks could move forward a little which allow more room for a storage box behind the tanks. Now, how to get this idea patented before the concept gets out......
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote