Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #1

Sun shades

My last coach Itasca 31E had pull down day shades and night shades. I dont have day shades in my 378 xl. Does anyone know a good supplier of pulldown dayshades?
Moorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #2

I am sure you will get multiple suggestions on this. I have looked around extensively on the net for options.
There are several RV dedicated shade suppliers who will have wide options....meaning color of shade material, material texture and sizes.

Now these are expensive in my opinion and I could not suck that cost up when I changed out all my day night shades in my CC.

What I went with were cut to size Bali shades from Home Depot. What I liked was they were in between the day shade and night shade. The allowed light in BUT you could not see through them. Unlike the day night shades where you can see through the day shade but the night shade was totally light blocking..which I hated. I wanted light to come in some as I did not want it dark but also wanted some privacy.

So..those are nice..they are cordless so none of the stupid cords that always end up binding or breaking over time.

Downside..not alot of choices in color..mainly the white and a few creams I think..maybe a sage green. However I like the clean bright look of the white..looks great.

Search Results forÂ*bali cut to size cellularÂ*at The Home Depot

I have links to the dedicated RV shade suppliers but can't find them at the moment. My RV bookmark folder is crammed with years of RV bookmarks but I will find it..just takes a lot of scrolling.

I will say I have used Bali shades from 15" to 60" so far and love them...sooooo much easier to raise and lower than corded. One finger is all you need.
But may not fit your style....so I will find the other links and edit this when I do.

BTW the bali shades usually take just a few days to ship to your local HD..I get me less than week.

Ok here is one other link I had...seems what you want are light filtering shades. Again just guessing.
http://www.stevesblindsandwallpaper....by=QuickSearch

I tried to stay away from any RV stores as they just order them for you when you can do that yourself.

Google RV day night shades replacement and you will get a lot of results. Really you have many options. I just liked the Bali for me.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #3

I just received 8 roll up shades today that I ordered from a regular blind place (not a RV place). I got a few samples of the material beforehand so the wife could color coordinate and I measured my all my existing POS accordion blinds and placed a order online. I paid about a third of what I would have paid from a "RV" shade place. I have a question though and couldn't find an answer anywhere using search, when mounting the shades should I use wall anchors which they came with to mount the brackets or just run the screws into the wall?