Originally Posted by dave961
To me $60 is no big deal, I live in the lightning capital of the world. If I'm in the middle of nowhere and something goes wrong with the unit - or if it takes a surge and fries - I can bypass it in minutes. When back in town, buy a new one and snap it in. But, to each his own. if you feel you will never have a problem with it, or don't mind rewiring when you do, then hard wiring is the way to go.
I did it this way for two reasons. One, the code does not recommend that auto-transformers be permanently installed. By using connectors, it is not. Two, if it should fail for any reason, my camping trip will not be ruined and will take just minutes to remove.
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW