Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #1

Switch Center

I was noticing in the 2011 Rockwood brochure that they show a switch center, which of course is not an option for the trailer that I have! But, since the day we brought home the camper last year, the one mod that I told myself that I wanted, and needed to do, was to consolidate the various switches to one location. That has become a little more important now that the 2y/o and 4y/o have 'found' the switches and know what they do!! (wife was in the kitchen last trip when the 2y/o decided he wanted the slide in!! and the 4y/o likes playing with the awning)

My question is, does anyone know whether Forest River sells these switch centers, and/or has anyone ever combined their switches into a central location and created their own switch center? I assume this is standard for all Rockwood Ultra Lites, but my awning switch is located on the right side of the Entertainment center entering the bedroom. My slide switch and main outside light switch is located under the cabinet over the table to the right (as you are looking out) of the door. My water heater switch is located on the wall next to the bathroom sink, but I don't intend on moving it. I am also thinking about adding a switch to operate one of the ceiling lights so that it can be turned on as you enter the camper and not have to fumble around trying to find the light and switch on the ceiling.

I'd like to relocate all of the switches to either the entertainment center, possibly near the XM Radio cradle, or on the side of the cabinet above the table. In either location it would be difficult for the kids to reach them. Thoughts??
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

I think you could probably contact FR parts people and see if they would sell you the Forest River Control panel as it is called. Ours is located just inside the rear door on the upper cupboard so it is the first thing you see almost when you come in and it is high so as to preclude children from playing. Every item in the main part of the trailer is controlled from it including tank heaters, both slides, water pump all the lights etc.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I would also ask FR. Here's a pic of the control panel that came with our trailer. Its located about 6 feet high on the cupboard to the left when entering the trailer.

Its a little blurry, but on top it has the idiot monitors for battery, FW, gray and black tanks, slideout 1, slideout 2 (not used), and awning.

The bottom row has interior light switch (which controls the light over the sink), porch light, tank heater (not used), water heater and water pump.

My kids are 8,7, and 5 so I can relate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00161.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	6193  

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote