Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #1

Switch Covers

Owners of Crusaders 270RET might like this mod I did today..The leveling switch's as you know just kind of hang out there in all kinds of weather. I have seen some other examples that cost a lot more than what I did here. Total cost was like ten bucks...If you have any questions, just send me a message. You have to modify the electrical cover a little bit in order for it to fit aound the switch...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outletfive.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	23952   Click image for larger version

Name:	outletfour.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	23953  
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #2

Pretty nice idea. Should keep most of the "weather" off the sw and maybe help them las longer.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #3

Switch Covers

The one for the front switch is a little more involved and requires taking more of the plastic out from the back of the switch. Also, the front exterior light hangs down about an inch to low, so will have to move that one up a little..should not be a big problem..But you're right, a friend of mine did something similar to his, but the box set him back about 35 bucks..Mine came from Home Depot Electrical Dept..Take the photo and show one of the sales people what you are looking for...measure the switch plate and cut out the back to accept the switch...you will need to flat pieces of flat alumn. to hold it on the side of the coach. not a big problem..Any questions just sent me a note will be glad to help you out..
LKicklight
Dallas, GA.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #4

Front Level Switch Cover

Here is the Cover being prepared for the Front Leveling Switch on the Crusader....notice how the back had to be cut out to accept the switch place..the door can with hinge from the top or side..your choice...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2190041.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	24562