Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #1

Swivel Seats for Ford E450

Has anyone ever converted their factory passenger or driver seat to a swivel seat?
Have a Leprechaun 2013 with the Ford

E450 and would like to convert the seats to swivel seats if possible. Hopefully it can be done with just a base change.
Ron Franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Franks View Post
Has anyone ever converted their factory passenger or driver seat to a swivel seat?
Have a Leprechaun 2013 with the Ford

E450 and would like to convert the seats to swivel seats if possible. Hopefully it can be done with just a base change.
Converted both seats in my 05 Lexington 255DS. Works.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF13C9B6-BD0C-464D-BA48-3E730A47314F.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	206692  
2005gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #3

Who's brackets did you use? What was the approximate cost? Same bracket for both sides?
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #4

there are at least 2 sellers, but I think they source them from the same place

RV Seat Bases,Ford,Sprinter,Chevy,Dodge Seat Bases

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...FQFDhgodYroFPg

the 2 bases are different. if you decide to get both, check their shipping; one doubles up on the shipping because its 2 bases in 2 boxes and the other didn't.

I paid $504 including shipping, the other one would have been $35+ more for the 2 sets. it ain't cheap, but worth it to me....

Bill
Old 07-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
DaLexusGuy

To Swivel or Not To swivel....

it's always interesting how different people have different thoughts and ideas.

Y'all want regular seat bases switched to swivel-type and I have factory swivel bases yet can't figure out when we would ever want to swivel ours.

They even gave us booster cushions to make the sitting height normal when swiveled around. They are sitting in plastic bags in the attic.

When camping, we leave the seats facing forward and slide and tilt them all the way forward to make more room at the front of the rv.

I guess we'll keep them for resale value for when and if we sell the unit, but it is humorous to me.

Go figure.
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #6

to me, swiveling the seats is a necessity; the Lexington only has the sofa for seating and 'it' is not very comfortable (especially considering the 'padding' is about 15 years old) and is not very practical for comfort or company.

being able to turn both seats around (and reclining to boot...) provides additional seating using what is essentially wasted space that is not used except going down the road.

Bill
Old 07-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoS View Post
it's always interesting how different people have different thoughts and ideas.

Y'all want regular seat bases switched to swivel-type and I have factory swivel bases yet can't figure out when we would ever want to swivel ours.

They even gave us booster cushions to make the sitting height normal when swiveled around. They are sitting in plastic bags in the attic.

When camping, we leave the seats facing forward and slide and tilt them all the way forward to make more room at the front of the rv.

I guess we'll keep them for resale value for when and if we sell the unit, but it is humorous to me.

Go figure.
Wish I had the electric adjustable driver seat never used the swivel.
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #8
DaLexusGuy

YEP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
Wish I had the electric adjustable driver seat never used the swivel.
now THAT, I'd give real money for. Oh and I'd like mine to be some kind of an air or spring suspension seat as well. Like the big boys.

Stay safe and Happy Camping!
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #9

Huumaans. You can never please them.[emoji41] Those with hair shave it off. Those who are bald wish they had hair. Amazing. I converted the passenger seat to swivel. Later ditched the jackknife couch for reclining theater seats. Now I don't use the swivel as much.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford