Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #1

Swivel seats on a Chevy chassis

We have a 2014 Coachmen Freelander 21QB, which we absolutely love - with one exception. We think the u-shaped dinette is very uncomfortable for watching TV or just long term lounging. We replaced the cushions with a high density foam, but it is still uncomfortable. The seats (both passenger and driver) are very comfortable, and I have seen that new Ford chassis have an option (which Chevy does not) of swivel seats. Has anyone tried to retrofit their seats with ones that swivel? Is it even possible? Any/all help will be appreciated.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #2

Above post should read 2013 (not 2014) if it makes any difference.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #3

I added a swivel to the passenger seat on my Sunseeker 2300 Chevy. Driver's seat would have turned into dinette, so didn't bother. Go to discountvantruck.com. They have a swivel plate that fits between seat base and seat itself. Raises seat height about 3/4 of an inch. Comes with bolts. The swivel lever protrudes between passenger's legs. It was too long, so I cut to size and covered sharp end with a "screw protector" available at Home Depot, etc. The job was very easy. Better with two people just to help with weight of the seat.

The seat swivels with door closed, but requires moving seat on track as rotating. Much easier if door is open. Have used it now for a year and love it.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #4

Thanks!! Plan to try this as we really like everything else about our motorhome and don't want to trade it - at least until we have exhausted other options.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #5

I bought an adaptor from shop4seats. Fits directly with no modification on my 2014 28QB Freelander and took about an hour. It raises the seat 2", i took the armrest off the seat so it would swivel farther