Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #1

Tank Flush System

Is one location better than the other for a tank flush system like the tornado? I can easily mount it near the sensors or discharge end of the tank or in the far end. The far end location may cause some sealing problems due to being installed over the seam of the two piece tank. The far location is also 3 to 4 feet from the sensors. So, where's the best location and is the tornado the suggested unit?
jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #2

I installed the Tornado Flush on the tank sensor side. Had no problems flushing the tanks. I did test the Tornado Flush by attaching it to a garden hose to check the spray pattern prior to installation. I wasn't satisfied, so I drilled the holes a bit larger.
I did the same with the Grey and Galley holding tank flush, but used the Quickie Flush. They worked just as well cleaning the tanks.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
Jas

I cut an access between the 2 tanks on the door side of the trailer. This is also the side of each tank that has the sensors. Just make sure the black tank sensor isn't directly under the toilet or you may have a problem with larger um, packages.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote