Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
LEDs....one connection for the ones on the roller and done setting up the lights in less than a minute!

Attachment 30766

Where did you buy these LED lights? they look great!!

Old 06-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by hep100 View Post
Where did you buy these LED lights? they look great!!

Sorry, got hit by the tornado Friday, and just got back going. Here's exactly what I got, and it came with everything in the pic.
5M 5050 RGB SMD LED Waterproof Flexible Strip 300 LEDs 44 Key IR Remote | eBay

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #123

Quote:

Sorry, got hit by the tornado Friday, and just got back going.
Not fun... Assuming everything and more importantly, everyone is alright?
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #124
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
No kidding - holy nonchalant?!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #125

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
No kidding - holy nonchalant?!
We're all fine. Wife and I actually got lucky. We were kid free for the evening, so decided to go for a cocktail and dinner. The storm came over, and when it passed (headed towards our house), we stepped outside where we were to find power lines down, and the roof off of the hotel right across the street. There was damage to another hotel right there and several cars. How it missed us is a mystery, as it was blowing the doors to the place open. The ride home was a path of darkness and destruction. We arrived home to a big tree branch on our roof and limbs all over the front and back yards, and everything on the patios was blown all over everywhere. There was a nice sized branch about 6' from the Sabre, but it doesn't look like it got damaged. I need to check the roof. The insurance adjuster was out today to take a look, so we should be hearing from him soon.

In other news, the 2 sets of quadra steps arrived yesterday, so first chance I get, I'll tear into them.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #126

Quote:

We're all fine. Wife and I actually got lucky. We were kid free for the evening, so decided to go for a cocktail and dinner. The storm came over, and when it passed (headed towards our house), we stepped outside where we were to find power lines down, and the roof off of the hotel right across the street. There was damage to another hotel right there and several cars. How it missed us is a mystery, as it was blowing the doors to the place open. The ride home was a path of darkness and destruction. We arrived home to a big tree branch on our roof and limbs all over the front and back yards, and everything on the patios was blown all over everywhere. There was a nice sized branch about 6' from the Sabre, but it doesn't look like it got damaged. I need to check the roof. The insurance adjuster was out today to take a look, so we should be hearing from him soon.

In other news, the 2 sets of quadra steps arrived yesterday, so first chance I get, I'll tear into them.
Wow LaydBack, glad to hear you and the family are OK. While I love watching storms (I am somewhat of a weather fanatic) they also scare the heck out of me because I know what they are capable of.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #127

On another note, I picked up an 8' 5x5 post cover today to use as stinky slinky storage and painted it to match the camper (well pretty close at least). After seeing where LaydBack mounted his Valera storage tube, I think I am going to do the same for now and see how it works. Might permanently mount it below later on, but I need something quick for our upcoming trip. Also bought a battery box for the hose ends and parts (great idea.)
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #128

LaydBack, I gotta hand it to you. That mounting of the sewer hose tube on the bike rack combined with the battery box for the hose parts on the bumper was genius! Used it all this morning for the first time and what a difference! Thanks for the idea. Think I am going to get another 5x5 post cover for more goodies.....
Old 06-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #129

Quote:
LaydBack, I gotta hand it to you. That mounting of the sewer hose tube on the bike rack combined with the battery box for the hose parts on the bumper was genius! Used it all this morning for the first time and what a difference! Thanks for the idea. Think I am going to get another 5x5 post cover for more goodies.....
Glad you have an appreciation for it. Unfortunately, the quadra steps aren't working out so well. I tried installing a set on the half bath door on Friday. They bolt up fine, but the way they're built/operate doesn't work with the factory brackets, unless I cut some of the bracket out. They also don't work with the tan trim that goes around the OE steps. It could be worked out, but I'm not sure I want to go through the process. Now I'm debating on sending them back and taking the hit, modding them to make them work, or trying to sell them. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can better explain via phone.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #130

SUCCESS!!! 2 sets of quadra steps installed with stabilizers transferred over from the old steps. Doug, you were my motivation.....well you.....and the wife....and the return shipping....and the 20% restocking fee.....for once my master modder ego was content to accept that I'd over looked something in my research!!! You however inspired me to not accept defeat......after preaching it to 4 boys!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130612_203102.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	33003

The issue was this rod sticking out of the side. It would hit the trim around the step cutout in the side skirting and also the bracket that holds the steps.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130612_203343.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	33004

I cut the rod and welded washers to make it look like the rod you see in the other slot.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130612_203905.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	33006

I also had to cut part of the bracket away to allow for the rod sliding in the upper slot.

I was trying to post more pics, but the app isn't cooperating.....if I had it to do again.....idk....considering I modded and installed both sets in 4ish hours after knowing what needed to do from Friday's attempt, I'm on the fence as to whether to pay the extra +/- $200 for the other two brands, which don't look like they'd need to be modded . It basically took a grinder, a cutting disc, 4 washers (3/8" wrought drilled out to fit rod), and a wire feed welder (borrowed from work), so basically no added cost for me to mod them.