Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #281
Always Learning

I posted elsewhere, but we did add a vented washer/dryer combo back in September. It's small and we do 1-2 loads of laundry per day, but it still beats laundromats and campground laundry facilities.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #282
Oklahoma Proud

If u need some metal stuff cut out let me know. My father n law retired about 5 years and started a metal sign and whatever made out of metal business. Does computerized cutting and also powder coats. I can get you a hook up deal! He has places in branson and other places in the ozarks that sell his work for him.
Heres one of the signs he made that we hung on the garage. (Wind blew it off the screw a few weeks ago so its a little dinged up now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1479953871109.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	125682  
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #283
Oklahoma Proud

All that looks super handy! Bed space storage is awesome!
Old 11-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I posted elsewhere, but we did add a vented washer/dryer combo back in September. It's small and we do 1-2 loads of laundry per day, but it still beats laundromats and campground laundry facilities.
Nice! We added a ventless a while back and I completely agree. While it didn't get much use this year, it has been handy.

Wow, been a while since I've been on this site. Just winterized tonight and got me thinking about the forums.

Haven't done much in the way of mods lately, maybe next year!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #285

I'm still around...Luke, I think the counter top replacement is more of a matter of when vs if, for most...The corian has held up well. Liking the bed mod Doug! QC, I haven't done any more mods either, just winterized last weekend, after bringing it home from our seasonal....just couldn't leave it there and not see it all winter...

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #286
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
I'm still around...Luke, I think the counter top replacement is more of a matter of when vs if, for most...The corian has held up well. Liking the bed mod Doug! QC, I haven't done any more mods either, just winterized last weekend, after bringing it home from our seasonal....just couldn't leave it there and not see it all winter...
Good to hear from everyone!

Been kicking around the idea of selling the sabre and getting a coach. We want to hit more lakes and boat poker runs and it would be alot easier with a motor home. Probably wont happen for a year or 2 unless a smokin deal pops up though.
Wifey doesn't mind pulling the boat, but she doesn't really want to drive a motor home or pull the 5er!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Good to hear from everyone!

Been kicking around the idea of selling the sabre and getting a coach. We want to hit more lakes and boat poker runs and it would be alot easier with a motor home. Probably wont happen for a year or 2 unless a smokin deal pops up though.
Wifey doesn't mind pulling the boat, but she doesn't really want to drive a motor home or pull the 5er!

Funny, we've been looking at toy haulers!!! We like our seasonal, but would still like to get out to other places...would be nice to be able to take the golf cart....and we have hopes of getting a Polaris Slingshot, that we'd like to be able to find a toy hauler to accommodate...thus far, it's been really hard to find the right combo of garage to fit a Slingshot and living space that we'd be happy with....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #288

Well, finally got around to adding something new. Put on the new keyless entry lock from RV LOCKS today on the main door. Took a whopping 15 min from start to finish. Thinking about replacing a couple of slam latches as well on the door side to make getting stuff in and out easier.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170305_194655.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	131215
Old 03-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #289
Always Learning

I recently added a second one to my 1/2-bath door. We had stopped using that door because it was always locked when we wanted it. We use it a LOT more now.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #290
Always Learning

The only issue I have is these locks stick out from the door slightly more and the grab handle doesn't seem to hold in the flipped-forward position nearly as well.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #291

I noticed that as well. Not that worried about it though. Might add a second one but will probably do slam latches first. I have quite a list of things to do this summer that I didn't get around to last summer.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #292
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I noticed that as well. Not that worried about it though. Might add a second one but will probably do slam latches first. I have quite a list of things to do this summer that I didn't get around to last summer.

It's not bad. On the front door, we just flip it backwards (it was rubbing a spot on the lock). On the rear door, we just flip it over and accept what'll happen.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #293

Quote:
It's not bad. On the front door, we just flip it backwards (it was rubbing a spot on the lock). On the rear door, we just flip it over and accept what'll happen.
Good news is that we are seasonal so most of the year it will be opened anyway. We are going to make a few trips this year though. Going to use it to save on hotels as we travel for softball this summer. If they have another good sale on the locks I may just get another for the rear door.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:23 AM   #294
Mod free 5er

Quote:
The only issue I have is these locks stick out from the door slightly more and the grab handle doesn't seem to hold in the flipped-forward position nearly as well.
Adding a plastic/alum spacer behind the wall mounts should fix that problem.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Good idea. If it bugs me enough I might just do that.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #296
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Good call. Thanks for the idea.