Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #161
Oklahoma Proud

I like it!
I wish that I new what the factory one looked like, cause if it's not as nice as yours I'd just rather make it myself.

I was thinking of ordering a 36 with basement tv in it in jan.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #162
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I like it! I wish that I new what the factory one looked like, cause if it's not as nice as yours I'd just rather make it myself. I was thinking of ordering a 36 with basement tv in it in jan.
Are they back to offering it? I thought that they had stopped for a while (a long while back now).
Old 11-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #163
Oklahoma Proud

Yep with or without dvd/stereo, doesnt say what size it is. The optional master and kids room ones are 24" now.
Have a current order sheet if any ?
Btw doug, they dont have partial paint any more, just platinum or standard. I think the partial paint ones like yours sure look sweet! But the platinums are looking good to, just wish they didnt have as much maroon or red in the graphics,... but they didnt ask me!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #164

Factory setup https://www.dropbox.com/s/73qc4rccr7...2012.35.14.jpg

My setup https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmkwgpns9n...2018.27.23.jpg There's more pics in the link in my sig, or further up in this thread. I'd suggest building your own. Factory limits you to about a 23" TV, mine is a 32" TV.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #165

Yeah I got a 28" in mine . I could have done it different and gotten a larger tv but I wanted more protection for the tv when traveling
Brandon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #166

Has anyone replaced the water filter cartridge? What did you use? Also, it seems the other 36QBOK thread has been closed, it wouldn't let me post to.it.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Congrats on your Palomino Sabre 36QBOK-7. Now you can drop the '(on order)' part of your sig . Great job on your mods. Quick question, our's is a -6 but what's a -7 designation?

-7 is a 7000lb axle
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #168

Is there really no one doing any mods? I've been working on wiring for satellite throughout. I also got fed up with the shower and outside shower having one knob turn the right direction and the other one not, and fixed those. Hopefully I'll have pics to post soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #169
Oklahoma Proud

Forgot about this thread till Steve brought it up.

I put a 24" led-dvd combo in master bedroom today. Brought the kids tv into the camper, but I don't like the bracket they put in, so I might have to modify it.
Fixed a couple other little things, caulked the shower door track this morning, but just washed some if it back out a few minutes ago I guess I'll do it again in a couple days.

Millertime- Sabre Handler
Old 05-31-2014, 11:58 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Is there really no one doing any mods? I've been working on wiring for satellite throughout. I also got fed up with the shower and outside shower having one knob turn the right direction and the other one not, and fixed those. Hopefully I'll have pics to post soon.

LOL.... Had the best of intentions of getting my new vent fan with remote control put into the 1/2 bath this weekend but spent yesterday fixing a broken garage door and today fixing the pool pump..... Had to put the camper on the back burner for now. Going to extend the gas line to the back and convert my Weber Q to a quick connect as well.

On a side note I bought a 30 gallon water bag for those times when I am electric only camping. Had a chance to use it last weekend. Only problem was gravity had to reposition truck to get it to flow properly. Picked up a transfer pump today while getting pool parts. Could have sworn I needed one to help fix the pool
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #171

Winegard Carryout Satellite Install

Installed the satellite on the ladder to keep from having to store it. If that proves to be an issue, I can remove it. Yes, I'm so anal that I bought the black dome to replace the white one that came on it. Trailer is wired to leave the wiring going up the ladder in place, and I have additional wiring if I need to remove the satellite and put it on the tripod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140601_152608.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	54035

Name:	20140601_152616.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	54036

Name:	20140601_152625.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	54037

Theres 2 coax and the power cord going up the ladder in 1/2" electrical conduit. As stated, the wiring up the ladder stays attached, and if I need to, I remove just the dome and run separate wiring to the 2 splitters on the frame, and backfeed into the camper (I'm using the splitters backwards). That's the 50A power cord in the background that makes it look like a mess of cords. I'll probably hit the white coax with some black paint to make it disappear.

Name:	20140601_152645.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	54038

The power for the satellite is fished into the outside kitchen where the light switch is, and I still have to decide where I'll mount the on/off switch for the power up the ladder. Inside, I take both coax to a multiswitch which is tucked away in the wall behind the antenna amplifier (nothing to see there, so no pic). The TV1 output on the amplifier goes to the multiswitch so that I can still have antenna/cable, and the 4 TVs go on the outputs of the multiswitch. At each TV I use a diplexer to split the signals to the satellite box, and a single coax goes to the TV. Now I just have to activate the 4 boxes to make sure it all works as designed, which is supposed to allow all 4 TVs to operate simultaneously, on whatever channel you choose (from the same satellite)

Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #172
Oklahoma Proud

Hey Steve, your gonna have to paint your ladder to match too!!! Lol! Or bring it to me and I'll trade u for a black one. It doesn't matter the color of the rack to me.

Sorry, just had to stir the pot!!

Old 06-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #173

Darnit Luke... now you got me thinking!

Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #174
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Darnit Luke... now you got me thinking!

Lol!
Don't feel bad, every chair, towls, sheets and accessory we buy has to be tan or black to match the trailer. ( except one florescent yellow chair my wife just had to have)
And when I get my vent covers, they HAVE TO BE, smoke or black!
......hmmm....I wonder what color of tire covers would look best!!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
And when I get my vent covers, they HAVE TO BE, smoke or black!
I like the black ones!

Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #176

For those that have the issue with your faucet turning the wrong way for on/off, I posted the fix here.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?p=624391

Old 06-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #177

Got to thinking about how pissed off the QUEEN BEE my get if the tipsy king bee, one of his campground cohorts, or the young'ns accidentally turned the satellite off instead of the outside kitchen light, while going for a cold beverage. So, I used the plate that came with the ladder mount kit, and installed the power switch where I should have to begin with. WARNING to others, this is not the easiest location to fish to. I had to go to amplifier and then work it over.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #178
Always Learning

Quote:
Got to thinking about how pissed off the QUEEN BEE my get if the tipsy king bee, one of his campground cohorts, or the young'ns accidentally turned the satellite off instead of the outside kitchen light, while going for a cold beverage. So, I used the plate that came with the ladder mount kit, and installed the power switch where I should have to begin with. WARNING to others, this is not the easiest location to fish to. I had to go to amplifier and then work it over.

I'm thinking that I want a central vac (installing it this weekend) light switch to turn it on/off (especially as we want to install a kick plate for it). This looks like a most excellent location.

Do you have any more details/comments about this install location?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm thinking that I want a central vac (installing it this weekend) light switch to turn it on/off (especially as we want to install a kick plate for it). This looks like a most excellent location.

Do you have any more details/comments about this install location?
If you install a central vac there is no need for an on off switch. It works when you connect a hose to it. Just teach the kids not to play with it (the dust pan)
Old 06-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #180
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
If you install a central vac there is no need for an on off switch. It works when you connect a hose to it. Just teach the kids not to play with it (the dust pan)

Yeah, you haven't met my little bastard. I can only imagine the things he'll let get sucked into that hole- ESPECIALLY a ground level dustpan.