Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yeah, you haven't met my little bastard. I can only imagine the things he'll let get sucked into that hole- ESPECIALLY a ground level dustpan.
LOL. Been there and done that.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #182

QC is right on the vac. Anywhere you can hide your 12V override switch should suffice, to keep the lil' guy from playing with it. There's a vent pipe (more than likely for the black tank) in the wall to the left of the switch I installed, so don't venture too far left with your hole. The vent pipe is probably just to the left of the edge of the TV. I tried going up from the subwoofer location, but there's definitely something that prohibits that (more than likely the bathroom floor). So, you have to go through the subwoofer compartment to the stereo compartment and then up to the antenna amplifier. From there you can fish over to the location where I put the switch. You can go in front or behind the vent pipe to get past it. I think behind might be easier, or you can just put your switch to the left of the vent pipe, next to the amplifier. If you're putting the vac pan where I put mine, you have to trim it down. I used a straight edge and a utility knife and just carefully made the cuts on each side. I was originally going to put it in the toe kick of the bottom step....don't even think about that! I'm sure that when you're in the basement, you'll come up with a better location to put the vac than FR did. It's basically right in the middle of the opening that allows access to under the bathroom.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #183
Oklahoma Proud

Is your vac not under the stairs? Thats were mine is.
And for some reason my sub is behind the wall right behind the vac. ( towards the front of the trailer.)
Im curious what is behind the vent panel next to my fire place. I looked thru and thought I could see the hot water tank and ducts. I'll look this weekend when we go up.

Millertime- Sabre Handler
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Is your vac not under the stairs? Thats were mine is.
And for some reason my sub is behind the wall right behind the vac. ( towards the front of the trailer.)
Im curious what is behind the vent panel next to my fire place. I looked thru and thought I could see the hot water tank and ducts. I'll look this weekend when we go up.

Pics are in the link in my sig. The vac hose outlet is in the toe kick. Sub is to the right of the fireplace. The actual vacuum is in the basement. The vent panel is where your furnace draws return air.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #185
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Pics are in the link in my sig. The vac hose outlet is in the toe kick. Sub is to the right of the fireplace. The actual vacuum is in the basement. The vent panel is where your furnace draws return air.

Ok. I see.
See on mine there is a cabinet on the right of the fireplace. That must be why they moved the sub behind the stairs on mine.
(Not a great pic, but u can see a little of the door by the fireplace)
I forgot about a return air for the furnace. I've only used one twice before.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402284799662.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	54740  
Old 06-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #186

Quote:
Ok. I see.
See on mine there is a cabinet on the right of the fireplace. That must be why they moved the sub behind the stairs on mine.
(Not a great pic, but u can see a little of the door by the fireplace)
I forgot about a return air for the furnace. I've only used one twice before.

So your sub is in the wall by the bathroom door?

Old 06-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #187

That cabinet you have in place of the sub is where I've cut through for several mods, with my sub being in that location - surge protector, vac pan, hdmi splitter to outside TV, satellite wiring, furnace blower switch....I'm glad my subwoofer was there! I guess they must've brought everything in behind your stereo.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #188
Always Learning

Quote:
QC is right on the vac. Anywhere you can hide your 12V override switch should suffice, to keep the lil' guy from playing with it. There's a vent pipe (more than likely for the black tank) in the wall to the left of the switch I installed, so don't venture too far left with your hole. The vent pipe is probably just to the left of the edge of the TV. I tried going up from the subwoofer location, but there's definitely something that prohibits that (more than likely the bathroom floor). So, you have to go through the subwoofer compartment to the stereo compartment and then up to the antenna amplifier. From there you can fish over to the location where I put the switch. You can go in front or behind the vent pipe to get past it. I think behind might be easier, or you can just put your switch to the left of the vent pipe, next to the amplifier. If you're putting the vac pan where I put mine, you have to trim it down. I used a straight edge and a utility knife and just carefully made the cuts on each side. I was originally going to put it in the toe kick of the bottom step....don't even think about that! I'm sure that when you're in the basement, you'll come up with a better location to put the vac than FR did. It's basically right in the middle of the opening that allows access to under the bathroom.
I remember looking at your pictures before and being terrified to tear into a new RV like you did!

My subwoofer is in the same spot as yours- what does it take to get that back screen thing off?
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #189

It's just finish nailed on. Whatever you can use to pry it out without tearing the material or scratching the wood. My top nails stayed in the cover, the bottom ones stayed in the cabinet. Now, I can just wiggle it on/off with no tools, but it stays put still.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #190
Always Learning

Thanks LaydBack.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #191
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
So your sub is in the wall by the bathroom door?

Its under the stairs by the vac. I'll try to get a pic when I go to it later this week.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #192

One of the next mods on my list here (my Buddys FIL made this).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1402707661526.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	55158  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #193
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I made mine from aluminum.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1402707807746.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	55159   Click image for larger version

Name:	1402707820583.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	55160   Click image for larger version

Name:	1402707852380.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	55162  
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #194
Oklahoma Proud

Heres that pic of the sub, and a pic showing it in relation to the vac.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1402712308532.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	55167   Click image for larger version

Name:	1402712351249.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	55168  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #195
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Thats about the only reason we ordered ours with a bike rack... to use as drying rack for the most part

Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #196
Always Learning

Quote:
Heres that pic of the sub, and a pic showing it in relation to the vac.

Come on big boy, show 'em all the pics you took for me. You dirty, dirty, dirty boy.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #197
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Come on big boy, show 'em all the pics you took for me. You dirty, dirty, dirty boy.
I would, but im campin w/o wifi, and I only got 200mb data. I know old sckool, but im cheap. Campers dont pay for 'em selves! Lol

Old 06-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #198

For any of those of you that replaced the vent in the 1/2 bath with a powered fan, did you fish a new wire for the fan or just tap off the light? I had great intentions of getting it done while we were camping this weekend. Pulled the light, the inside cover, removed my Max Air cover and had the power pulled for easy access to install the new fan. Went to pull the existing Dicor off (was on the roof) and a friend stopped over with a couple beers. Figured I'd better have one with him and one led to more. That was OK because pulling that dicor off won't be quick. Long story short, I didn't finish it but can now figure if I want to fish a new wire or just use when the light switch is on. Thought I'd see what others have done.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #199

Quote:
For any of those of you that replaced the vent in the 1/2 bath with a powered fan, did you fish a new wire for the fan or just tap off the light? I had great intentions of getting it done while we were camping this weekend. Pulled the light, the inside cover, removed my Max Air cover and had the power pulled for easy access to install the new fan. Went to pull the existing Dicor off (was on the roof) and a friend stopped over with a couple beers. Figured I'd better have one with him and one led to more. That was OK because pulling that dicor off won't be quick. Long story short, I didn't finish it but can now figure if I want to fish a new wire or just use when the light switch is on. Thought I'd see what others have done.

I just tapped off of the light. I tried tugging on the wire going down to the switch, and it didn't seen like it was going to be an easy fish job. I also went with a vortex fan, so as to not have to disturb the roof and dicor. It installs totally from the inside, and has forward and reverse.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #200
Always Learning

Quote:
I would, but im campin w/o wifi, and I only got 200mb data. I know old sckool, but im cheap. Campers dont pay for 'em selves! Lol

I thank you greatly for the central vac pics. Our install seems very similar to yours only instead of the vacuum plug being in the back of the step, we did it on the side wall. I never did order the kick plate for the central vac, so we'll see if/when we get around to that.