Old 08-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Thermostat Upgrade

I upgraded my thermostat with a Honeywell TS for a heatpump. I had this TS that I purchased for my heat pump but my HP had a different configuration and I could not get it to work.

It has the same type of hook up as in the various threads so I went for it and it works. This TS is total digital with no manual switches. It has a fan Auto or fan ON setting, but no hi low. I just put the two fan wires together so it will run on hi all the time. This is how I used this unit anyway so no problem.

Just wanted to post b/c all instructions have been for the Hunter or the Honeywell with the manual switches. I beleive any digital TS will work just requires correct wire configuration.

Red not used, Y to Y, W to W, Blue for low fan and blue brown together for high fan, ground to R or RC. Ground may be green or black.

One other note. I see where people are looking for a +1, -1 degree change for on off. Most campers are not that well insulated and that change can come quicker that the reset on the air conditioner will alow. I checked mine and it is 2 minutes plus. This time frame could be too long for 1 degree change in 100 degree weather.

harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
Model RTH6350. Has several features including compressor protection.

Also has change over feature to go from cool to heat automatically.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote

thermostat, upgrade