Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #41

need help..installed ritetemp 6022 on my durotherm..ac works as it supposed to, but in the heat mode ac fan runs as well??anyone got the solution??

wired:yellow to y, white to w, green to rh, brown to g, red and blue not connected.
jereldaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #42
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I'm not sure, but here is a link to the install instructions and their support phone number is there too. Loads of info...if you don't already have that. Maybe a call to them would better answer the WHY question. Mine didn't do that, however.

http://www.ritetemp-thermostats.com/6022.html

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #43

install/reinstall update

just some comments..finally got a digital thermostat installed and working..had to replace the ritetemp#6022 made in china crap with a honeywell#rth110b also made in china..ritetemp#6022 evidently has too too many "bells and whistles" to work properly w/ the durotherm/suburban system (11 terminals/7 jumpers)..instructions on jumpers sketchy..ritetemp tech support was NO support at all..will think long and hard before purchasing any ritetemp product again..while the honeywell stat is strictly "bare bones" basic it works the system..no clock, no programing, fewer terminals, jumpers, buttons..but both the cool and heat sides now work independantly of each other again..even got my money back on the ritetemp from home depot..all is once again COOL!!
jereldaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #44

Les Adams, moderator for rv.net, installed this thermostat in his camper

http://www.rverscorner.com/hunterstat.htm
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #45
The Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereldaw View Post
just some comments..finally got a digital thermostat installed and working..had to replace the ritetemp#6022 made in china crap with a honeywell#rth110b also made in china..ritetemp#6022 evidently has too too many "bells and whistles" to work properly w/ the durotherm/suburban system (11 terminals/7 jumpers)..instructions on jumpers sketchy..ritetemp tech support was NO support at all..will think long and hard before purchasing any ritetemp product again..while the honeywell stat is strictly "bare bones" basic it works the system..no clock, no programing, fewer terminals, jumpers, buttons..but both the cool and heat sides now work independantly of each other again..even got my money back on the ritetemp from home depot..all is once again COOL!!
My RiteTemp is working great, and was very easy to install. I wonder why your model differed???

Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #46
2010 Sandpiper 345RET

Just curious NDJollyMon, do they still sell the 8085c? I can't find it.
tnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #47
The Jolly Mon

I believe that model has been replaced with a new one. You can check the Rite Temp site matrix and find one that will work in RV's. Not sure what models, but their Customer Service will know.

My Rite Temp is still working great. Nice upgrade!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereldaw View Post
need help..installed ritetemp 6022 on my durotherm..ac works as it supposed to, but in the heat mode ac fan runs as well??anyone got the solution??

wired:yellow to y, white to w, green to rh, brown to g, red and blue not connected.
jereld,
I installed the same T-stat over a year ago and had the same problem. Called Ritemp Tech. support, they were no help, they couldn't figure it out. I spent so much time with them on the phone the tech guy had to hang up. They are aloud only so much time per call weather they have fixed your problem or not. I did find that when I'm done with the A/C and want to run the furnace, I shut off the breaker to the A/C and when I turn the T-stat back to heat I turn the breaker back on. Works for me!

2001 Dodge Ram
2007 Palomino Thoroughbred F-829RKS
Kids all grown, 4 Grandkids to SPOIL
gaspumplgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #49

We swapped our analog/manual dometic thermostat out with a Hunter digital thermostat. It controls a dometic 13.5K A/C and a Suburban furnace. The details of the swap along with pictures can be seen at http://rvroadtrip.us/library/digital_thermostat.asp.

sonicsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #50

Can't get my Hunter 44668 to work

A little help with programmable thermostat wiring
So hopefully one of you, smarter than me in this electronics area, can help me with the connections for my programmable thermostat. I bought a Hunter Model 44660 from Lowes that's been discontinued. I realize that I am going to loose my two speed fan, but I think I can live with the lower speed setting.

Based on some information I got from another post I connected.

Red not used
Yellow to Y/C
White to W/B
Blue Not Used
Brown to G
Green to RC1
Jumper from RH - RC

But when the thermostat should call for heat both the heater fan and the air conditioner come on. And I can't feel any heat from the heater.
Here are photos of my connections

1st is the current Dometic Thermostat
2nd is the Booklet Diagrams for the New Thermostat
3rd is the connections post for the new thermostat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0144.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	3515   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0145.jpg
Views:	2170
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	3516   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0146.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	3517  
Old 09-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #51

Just at a quick glance I see that green on the old thermo is connected to the GND terminal, on your new one you connected it to RC1??? Shouldn't it be to the G terminal (I would suspect it is ground and is also on the far right side of both terminal blocks).
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #52
The Jolly Mon

Blue & Brown both go to G.

Wiring on new RiteTemp 8085C - My Photo Gallery

Old 09-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #53

Okay, I got it working properly actually using the instruction provided 1st. I don't know what I had hooked up different from what was suggested but it worked when I went through and did it again. Unfortunately the Hunter XXX is a piece of crap; the latch that holds down the cover over the control panel is so flimsy that it broke the 1st time I closed it. I imagine that why it was on clearance. So I'll find another, hope the wiring goes a bit easier.

I liked the features of this one. It had a Daylight Savings mode and a Home today mode which I thought would be really helpful. But I imagine if I just replace it with the same model the latch on the new one is also likely to break.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #54

Thermostat change out

House models are 24VAC NOT DC. Also programmable models require constant voltage to maintain the internal clock unless they are battery powered unit. Therefor you have VERY limited choices of thermostats that be used on your MH.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #55

Nice Job! We, too changed the analog DuoTherm out and replaced it with a digital about half-way through the season - primarily in prep for a Fall camping trip, which, for a variety of reasons, we never got to make. I know it works, and now look forward to using same in the Spring!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #56

Just curious on some relatively long-term feedback regarding battery life on the digital t-stat mod. I was under the impression that the batteries in these type of stats were merely to hold programming in the event of a power failure, or to allow "arm-chair" programming. With the relays in these stats now being powered by relatively low capacity batteries, are you finding reasonable battery life?
HomeGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #57

My t'stat takes one or two AAA's (I think). I put fresh batteries there, in my smoke detector, CO detector, television remotes, DVD player remote, all at the same time in the beginning of the season (April or May), then take them out when I winterize (late October). They last all season.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #58

Very good plan, FI. Changing them ALL at the same time is a good idea, instead of replacing them all at random times when they go dead.
HomeGrown is offline   Reply With Quote