Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #31

We bought the wooden collapsible towel rack. BUT before putting the rods in place. We measured the shower (where it will be kept during use). Cut and sanded the end into a slight cone shape. Still usable outside and I can store it in the bottom of the shower.

2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #32

Thought about buying one of the wooden collapsible ones if I can find it locally. Also toying with making a collapsible one out of PVC. Posted elsewhere, but here is a SketchUp of what I was thinking. Any thoughts on it are welcome and appreciated. I just worry about adding things to the back bumper as I have heard about them not being the most stable area to add things with weight. Don't want to break my new trailer!

Old 07-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonal429 View Post
Thought about buying one of the wooden collapsible ones if I can find it locally. Also toying with making a collapsible one out of PVC. Posted elsewhere, but here is a SketchUp of what I was thinking. Any thoughts on it are welcome and appreciated. I just worry about adding things to the back bumper as I have heard about them not being the most stable area to add things with weight. Don't want to break my new trailer!

My kids would try to use that one as monkey bars.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #34

LOL! Mine probably would, too! Each segment of pipe in that model is 1 ft long, so it's only about 2ft tall, 1ft wide, and about 4ft long.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
We bought the wooden collapsible towel rack. BUT before putting the rods in place. We measured the shower (where it will be kept during use). Cut and sanded the end into a slight cone shape. Still usable outside and I can store it in the bottom of the shower.
I bought mine at the hardware store. Target and Walmart have then also. Fairly cheap and not much work to mod only took a tape measure, pen, handsaw and sand paper. The cost is only what ever you pay for the rack.
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonal429 View Post
...I just worry about adding things to the back bumper as I have heard about them not being the most stable area to add things with weight. Don't want to break my new trailer!
I think the back bumper will take the static load of a few towels hanging on it. The problem comes from people adding bike racks, etc and letting them bounce.

The OP removes the rack for travel.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #37

I found this old post and wanted to add our towel drying idea. Being very new to camping, we decided to bring our two favorite picnic games .... cornhole and ladder-ball (or Hillbilly Golf as we like to call it). We enjoyed the games. As it turns out, the ladder ball game transforms into a towel drying rack by adding, dare I say, wet towels. It was a lucky coincidence, but it works.

Pat