Old 02-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #31

The dealer recommended the Reese Trunnion Style, 10,000/800lbs for our
Shamrock 233s with 2007 Nissan Armada.

Seemed to do well on the 1 1/2 hour trip home from the dealer (even as a dusting of snow/slush started), so we'll see how some test trips and our first trip goes...

If not, we'll have to look into the Equalizer, i guess...

Old 02-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by befink View Post
The dealer recommended the Reese Trunnion Style, 10,000/800lbs for our Shamrock 233s with 2007 Nissan Armada.
Is that with the Dual Cam setup ?? If not, do you have friction bars for sway control ??

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #33

No and no...
I kept asking dealer about it.
They said dual cam was overkill.

Now it does have the ability to add on the friction sway bar onto this one, the spot is there for it, it was sold seperatley, but again, after asking numerous times, said we didn't need them with our TV and that trailer...

Thoughts?
I think it would be easy enough just to by the add on sway bar, and just put it on myself.

This is all new to me - only ever pulled a popup before, now it was a HW with weight of 3795, but never had any WDS for that with the Armada. But we have some 2 and 4 hour trips planned for the summer and want to make sure its a right, and safe!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #34
Site Team

I tried once to pull without my anti-sway bar in place. DW had taken the truck to get some groceries before I could retrieve the pins for it off the back bumper and we had lost them. Well, 20 minutes down the road I was pulling into a Meijer's to buy a new set of pins. No way am I ever pulling without one again.

i don't know your setup, only you know that, but look at this way. What's safer, with an extra safety feature, even if it's overkill, or without?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by befink View Post
I kept asking dealer about it.
They said dual cam was overkill.

Now it does have the ability to add on the friction sway bar onto this one, the spot is there for it, it was sold separately, but again, after asking numerous times, said we didn't need them with our TV and that trailer...

Thoughts?
The Dual Cam system is not overkill IMHO. I would never tow my trailer (which is only 4' longer than the Roo) without some type of sway control......and I tow with a fairly long wheelbased 1/2 ton pickup.

You may never have the need for sway control. But just the wrong wind gust, a tractor trailer traveling too fast/too close, or an emergency braking situation the sway control will suddenly become invaluable.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote