Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
Member
 
Lynkage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspell View Post
I am very new to all of this but I would have thought having the slide side down very slightly would facilitate water run off. I put the opposite side tires on a length of 1X10. (I only have slides on the driver side.)If the slide side is high I imagine that water would puddle against the seals at the top during a heavy rain. Am I too worried?

I looked at this as well and found the my slides do have a slight tilt to the outside edge to facilitate water runoff. Maybe yours do as well.
__________________

__________________
Shane & Antoinette
2012 Ford F-450 SuperDuty
2013 Crusader 355BHQ
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
avolnek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 630
Can't believe no one mentioned it yet but have you tried slide out supports? Basically it is a jack to support the slide out. Taking some of the weight/strain off of the slide will relieve some of the counter weight obviously and help keep the camper level.
__________________

__________________

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 368
Most do not recommend slide out supports to be used.
__________________
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
Can't believe no one mentioned it yet but have you tried slide out supports? Basically it is a jack to support the slide out. Taking some of the weight/strain off of the slide will relieve some of the counter weight obviously and help keep the camper level.
Would NOT consider slide out supports unless on a concrete pad, otherwise it will do more harm than good. Wouldn't use them anyway.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
BDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 141
Thinking of adding a removable scissor jack in front of the tandem to offset the counterweight of the slides. OldCoot...why not slide stabilizer jacks?
__________________
2016 Sandpiper 365asqb
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006W
2014 F250 6.7 PowerStroke 2wd
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post
Thinking of adding a removable scissor jack in front of the tandem to offset the counterweight of the slides. OldCoot...why not slide stabilizer jacks?
If you are not on concrete, the trailer jacks will settle more than the slide jacks and it will mess up the slide. Guaranteed! Even if you are on concrete, the trailer jacks are on a movable slide mechanism and they do shift just from walking around in the trailer.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
BDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If you are not on concrete, the trailer jacks will settle more than the slide jacks and it will mess up the slide. Guaranteed! Even if you are on concrete, the trailer jacks are on a movable slide mechanism and they do shift just from walking around in the trailer.
So do you think the addition of a leveling jack in front of the tandem will help? Just leans to the left due to the weighting of the 2 slides....can set it level and then it leans a tab after a few days...even on solid surfaces...
__________________
2016 Sandpiper 365asqb
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006W
2014 F250 6.7 PowerStroke 2wd
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post
So do you think the addition of a leveling jack in front of the tandem will help? Just leans to the left due to the weighting of the 2 slides....can set it level and then it leans a tab after a few days...even on solid surfaces...
From my experience it sure does, ask Herk how his work.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
camper1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post
We have a fairly new Windjammer 3006W and love the TT. My only issue is leveling. It has the electric stabilizers, but the unit tends to lean to the left (side with both slides) and even settles a bit on the left after a few days of setup. This even on a level lot. I typically put small leveling blocks under the left wheels to compensate but now wonder if the electric stabilizers are even with it. Thought about adding a removable type scissor jack right in front of the wheels to help level the TT. I saw where Old Coot just added the same electric stabilizers in front of the tandem to limit movement, mine is more of a leveling issue. With that, are the lightweight trailers more prone to "flex" in the frames? Thought?

Check out Andersen levelers they work great. I get a perfect level all the time and they are easy to use.
__________________

__________________
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.